Loads of reductions at Tesco - (Old swan) Liverpool

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
3 replies 3.9K views
johannejohanne Forumite
1.8K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in England
There are at least 4 times the normal amount of reductions in the grocery section of Old Swan Tesco in Liverpool today! :j

They have finally got round to putting out all the items that needed reducing and instead of the normal 1 trolley there are 4! :D

Some great bargains.. including my fave... packs of 6 kit kat chunky bars... 54p... works out at 9p each :j

Replies

• Does anyone know what the best time to go to supermarkets for reduced stuff is? I've tried a whole range to different times, but there doesn't seem to be a 'best time'. Hmm. Maybe there isn't one. Any ideas?

EPC
  • inkieinkie Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have found that the best time for us to go is on a monday eve - after 9pm.However, that may not apply elsewhere (I use Tesco's at Wath-on Dearne). I suppose the best way to apporach this is to do a reccy at different times of the day and see what works best for the local situation.. Leave it too late though and there will not be anything left.

INcidentally, I have just returned from hols and in the Tesco in Tring they have frozen Pizza (Ham & Pinapple) reduced to 19p (normally 99p). Gues what we ate all hols ;)

INkie
  • nightsongnightsong Forumite
    520 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    At our tiny Tesco Metro, the best time is from about 12 to 4 pm. There are reduced sandwiches and lunch-type items like egg mayonnaise and hummous, also often custard tarts and eclairs (yum). Also fruit and veg, packs of meat and ready-made meals, especially pizzas.

By tea-time it's all gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals