We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

pickled gherkins and recipe ideas

OK tesco had some reduced to clear pickled gherkins at 10p a jat. I love them on hamburgers ala Macdonalds but we kinda bought a wee too many of them and wondered what else we could use them for ?

I know we could use them for salads, and obviously the burgers above, but anybody got any other ideas ??? Recipe ones preferably :rotfl:

We also bought cranberry sauce so suggestions for that would be grand too :)
A male chef of 4. My restaurant is always full and i don't need to tout for business.
OK OK
I'm a house husband but it did sound better my way :beer:

Comments

  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    I use finely chopped pickled gherkins when I make fish cakes - together with chopped eggs, some mayonaise, potatoes and the fish of course. Another application for chopped pickled gherkins is to sprinkle them over 'red flannel hash' - made with mince, onions, cooked beetroot and cream. However I prefer the sweetened variety of picked gherkins for this. If I can't get any sweet pickled ones I will add sugar and leave them to stand for a while.
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • purpleivy
    purpleivy Posts: 3,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In tartare sauce, finely chopped, mayonnaise, capers if you have them, a little lemon juice, salt and pepper.

    I like a salad with either new potatoes or pasta, mayonnaise, smoked sausage, gherkins and hard boiled eggs
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
    ETA Philosophy is wondering whether a Bloody Mary counts as a Smoothie
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.