I'm so tired of it all

Options
It just seems the harder I try the worse it gets. The smaller the creditor, the worse their attitude is. Call centres are a nightmare. After an hour on the phone to Abbey I was literally suicidal.i'm so so tired, !!!!!! they are only owed £500. But by god they are a nasty bunch of people. I've pleaded and pleaded for them to sort this account out, but it seemed like I was just the office entertainment. I can't deal with them all they want is to add charges.
Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

Comments

• artnoble
    artnoble Posts: 879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    from looking at your signature it looks like you are doing really well. Its going in the right direction.

Stick with it. Your can do it :D
    Watch this space.... Will update soon!
  • m.colak
    m.colak Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Just relax have a cup of tea and relax. Looking at your stats you have done a lot of good on this site so let this pick you up as i will say thank you for all you have done for everyone.

Now back to the matter don't go through call centres get the number of the customer complaints department or someone you can deal with personnally. If this fails go and book an appointment with your bank manager and discuss the situation with him. If he says his hands are tied then threaten to take it to the FOS as it is unreasonable business practice.

Keep your chin up (Hugs)
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You do have my sympathy. Hang on in there. You're doing so well. Abbey are the pits sometimes. It's the phone centre that are the real pains. The counter people aer actually very nice - at my branch anyway.

From the number of posts etc you've probably done it all already, but if you're getting charged, does that mean you've still got an active account with them? Folks on here normally seem toa dvise going to an unrelated bank.

Or have you done that?
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sending you lots of ((((hugs)))) BH. Sorry it is all getting on top of you at the moment.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • Broken_hearted
    Options
    I do everything to make sure everyone gets paid am open and honest with the creditors yet they treat me like dirt. They reduce you to a sobbing shaking wreck then tell you it's your fault.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Merlot
    Merlot Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    BH, I too am sorry to read of your troubles with the Abbey, they are b*stards, no wonder they came out as the worse bank in the BBC Watchdog programme, I recently had to call them regarding my mortgage, you would think I was asking for the impossible, I simply wanted to pay by debit card as I had changed banks this month and my OH employer had credited his salary into the wrong bank account.

Merlot.x.
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does, except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place." — Abigail Van Buren
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure