PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

full cream milk

Options
anyone remember gold top milk - full cream
any idea on where i can get some from, needed for underweight child!!!!!1
Nice to save.

Comments

• Helen_from_yorkshire
    Options
    Unsure about where u can buy gold top milk, but a friend of mine buys jersey (or guernsey) milk from Tescos - usually above normal milk in round-ish bottles - this is rich and I think this is similar to gold top. I am sure other supermarkets will stock similar type products if u dont regularly shop at Tesco.

Another idea - do u have a local milkman who could deliver gold top.
    There's no woman sicker than the woman who is sick on her day off !
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    have a word with your local milkie - he should be able to get you some. My dad's been really ill recently and he had to have mega full fat milk, so milkie delivered it. My grandma used to get green top - unpasteurised, but I don't think you can get that nowadays. (H&S and all, I expect)
  • apprentice_tycoon
    Options
    Maybe health food shops would have it, or know where you can get it. If you want to make ordinary milk a little more calorific in cooked dishes like sauces or milky puddings you can add powdered milk to it to bulk it up
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Depending on how you are giving it to your child ie plain milk, milkshakes or milk puds, you could always add cream to the milk, especially in dishes where it wouldn't necessarily be noticeable. My dad used to add cream to soups, porridge, drinks - whatever he could get away with.
  • Sujamjen
    Sujamjen Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    Sainsburys sell it but it is called breakfast milk (or something like that) I use it when I'm having porridge!
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks to all for your suggestions.
    i didnt know milkies still existed. havent seen any for quite a while.
    i think easiest thing to do would be to add cream to pasteurised milk to make it high in calories
    Nice to save.
  • cheapsally
    cheapsally Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi rabialiones,
    i buy "Gold Top Fresh Milk, Jersey and Guernsey"from Sainsburys, its 97p for a litre.its very nice and creamy. :drool:
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mix in a blender 1 very ripe amost black banana, 2 tablespoons of powdered milk, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 glass of whole milk. This combination taken with meals has helped many people put on healthy pounds.
    taken from
    Gayelord Hauser's New Treasury of secrets.
    rabialiones don't know if your little one would like it but maybe worth a try.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Pottymouth_2
    Options
    You can also buy milk for undernourished people (seen it in suopermarket nd hospitals) whihc is often used for older people who need a small volume, high calorie product.

Can try and find the name if you want...let me know.

Potty.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport