Cca Question - Telephone Harassment

Options
Can anyoune help me at all - I took a loan with Citi Fin4nci4l a couple of years ago, I have made consistent payments but had some financial problems due to the company I worked for becoming insolvent - to cut a long story short, I'm so sick :embarasse of the continuous harassment from a collection agent, imparticular this one individual gets extreemly aggressive with me when I try to speak he just interupts and is terribly rude, ok the facts are that I owe a sum of c.£1400 but they have had some insurance money from my time out of work, I'm just so unhappy with the 20 or so calls per week i have had for the last year it must be something like 500 calls I definately feel harassed and unwell with headaches and anxiety from this. --- MY QUESTION IS>> Am I able to send a request for a CCA and if I do so can this harm me in any way??? :confused:

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    As far as I am aware if the debt is only two years old then it is very likely that the creditor would have a correct and enforceable agreement.

It seems to be mostly accounts from before about 2005 (I think) where there is a reasonable chance that they don't.

As far as I know it wouldn't do any harm to ask, but you probably need to deal with the harassment issue as well.

One suggested letter from another site is:
    Your Street
    Town
    City
    Postcode
    DATE HERE
    Company Name
    Road
    Town
    City / County
    Postcode

Dear Sirs

Harassment by telephone

FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Please treat this also as a formal complaint, and send me a copy of your company complaints procedure.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure