Wescot Credit Services....any info?

Options
:mad: I have just got in and received a letter from the above company demanding £31.21 for an outstanding account.

Let me fill you in on the background as I really would appreciate some advice here.

Back in 2002 I had a CCJ from Kays catalogue for £918.96. Last year when we were looking at private rental properties I had to get in touch to ask for a letter to say I had cleared my account. The last payment I made before then was in about 2005. I was told I hadn't actually finished and there was £31.21 left outstanding. (yes I was pretty shocked as I hadn't heard a thing in 2 years) but because we didn't want anything to hold up our move my husband wrote out a cheque and that was posted straight away. I then received a letter to say my account was now clear and the judgement satisfied. I was told at the time I could apply to the court for a fee of £15 to have my debt marked as satisfied but I couldn't spare the £15 so I left it.

Foward to August of last year....I receive a letter from Red Castle Recoveries saying they were collecting the amount outstanding (£31.21) via a home visit. I got straight onto the phone, told them I had a letter off the original solicitors saying my account was clear. They asked for a copy, so I sent one recorded delivery. I received a text about a week later asking me to contact them urgently, I did and was told they hadn't received anything. I checked with Royal Mail and indeed they HAD received it. I heard nothing more from them.

Today I get home and have a letter waiting for me from a company called Wescot. Phoned them, explained my situation and was told again...send us proof. I Put phone down and get quite angry, so called up the original solicitors who CONFIRM my account IS CLEAR and then tell me......some companies are recalling debts and sending them out to debt collectors and it might be that mine has been sent out in error. I have tried calling Kays Catalogue who the original debt was payable to but without my old customer number she couldn't help me.

So now, I want to write a strongly worded letter to this Wescot company but what do I say? I have wasted 3 calls to 0870 numbers because an alternative non geological number couldn't be found.:mad:

Can any of you lovely people on here advice me what exactly I can say to them as I know the mood I am in at the moment I will write a lot of nonsense. Thanks in advance,
£2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.

Comments

• poppett
    poppett Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update...just phoned them again asking them if they would compensate me for calls and recorded delivery. Had a stroppy lad on the other end of the phone so asked to speak to his supervisor. He was saying things like "but why do you need to hear the same thing twice?" so in the end I demanded to speak to his supervisor. Finally a lady came on and was actually quite nice, she said she would contact the original solicitors and find out from them if my account was clear. She told me not to worry about sending them anything, she would do it from her end. I know I shouldn't worry and should actually be sat here thinking "let them chase me" because I have the proof I need here but I am SO angry. Sorry for the rant.
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport