PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

WAterproof Sheets

Options
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong furum.
But it is moneysaving!
My little girls been up all night being sick. Shes 10 months so is still in a cot so its seeped through to the matress. This matress was above £100 so its suppose to last through any number of little ones that we have. To prevetnt eh matress being marked can you get waterproof cot blankets? If seen them on toddlers beds incase they wet it but im unsure about them for cots or could they be dangerous? Also any tips for cleaning up the matress as best as possible and to rid the smell would be most welcome
Thansk in advance Keaterx
2007 is my getting slim year
Total weight loss so far is 16llbs:T
Total to go 15 pounds:eek:
Not no more as im having a baby:D

Comments

• Katinkka
    Katinkka Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    You can get fitted mattress covers for all sizes. I have one mamas and papas one for our cot and I saw cot bed sizes there (in boots) too. For our bed we have a double one and my son has one also but we have boots own. Dont buy one that isnt fitted. IT isnt worth the cheaper prices as they move around and you still end up with wee/whatever on the mattress.

We also buy expensive mattresses but have always replaced them with each child as even expensive ones wear out quite quickly. I know the risks arent as bad or as associated with siblins sharing a mattress, I always prefer to err on teh side of caution.
    :heart2:I have a child with autism.:heart2:
  • Squidgy
    Squidgy Posts: 684 Forumite
    Options
    I got my daughters mattress from mothercare. It has a zip on waterproof cover on one side and a normal waterproof finish on the other so when you are washing the cover you can just turn it over.

You can still buy plastic sheets which you put under the blankets but from (childhood) memory they weren't very nice - moved about under the sheets and make you sweat when you are hot.

HTH
    Squidgy
    It's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I seem to remember buying waterproof cot mattress covers from John Lewis, although that was a while ago. I also used to put 2 fitted sheets on top as the plastic does make them sweat, so further away the better. If you can't get a cover, you could try those Pampers care mats. They do 2 sizes I believe and the larger one has 'wings' on so you can wrap it round the mattress, under the sheet.
  • carpool72
    carpool72 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    We're using an incontinence pad which used to belong to my granny (what a nice hand-me-down for her great-granddaughter!). The advantage is that it has a non-slip back but a nice cushiony padded front so it's comfy & non-sweaty, it's machine washable/tumble dryable and best of all it's about cot-sized so it goes in any bed - I started off with it in case my waters broke in bed, now it's served in dd's cot & toddler bed very well.

Hope your wee one's feeling better soon (& you - all nighters seem so much worse when you're out of the habit don't they!)
    £2 savers club - £62

Relaunched grocery challenge:

March target: £150 on food, £50 on other stuff - still not doing very well at keeping track...:o

:hello:
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    In an emergency I have used a old shower curtain.
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can get the huggies or pampers pads that go under the sheets - they are about 24"square - I'd imagine that most nappy stockists sell them. Been along time since I've needed anything like that - but one of the mum's sent one up for the little one I look after to put on the travelcot.

It's a got a waterproof backing but a cotton type liner to it - seems quite soft.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure