Switching utility suppliers - is a credit check done?

Options
Hello all!

I'm comparing prices and considering switiching my Gas and Electricty suppliers. This may sound a daft question, but with my current supplier I pay a fixed monthly amount by direct debit, and I want to do the same with the new supplier if I decide to switch, but will this be dependant on credit checks???? I'm currently on a DMP managed by CCCS, and my credit score by now is probably pretty naff!!!
Don't want to make any changes without checking this out first! Sorry if I sound daft!!!

Comments

• Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    I've never seen a credit check on my report and I've changed 3 times I think in the last 3 years.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • BAILIFFCHASER
    Options
    No they are so hungry for business no credit checks are carried out. When the first bill is due up you can again changes without having to pay the bill and then repeat with the next bill and so on.
    ONLY COPY WHAT I AM DOING IF YOU ARE 100% SURE AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE END RESULT MAY BE. ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE. I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED . IF WHAT I AM DOING HELPS YOU IN ANY WAY CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure