I've made £360 in the last hour!!

Options
Woohooo...

That's £360 towards my debts.
£350 for a scooter that's been lurking in my garage
£10 for a load of Barbie stuff I've found lurking in my attic!

Now to decide which debt to pay it off...should I put it all towards my RBS overdraft (£900 OD) or split?
;)I am not a complete idiot - some parts are missing;)

Comments

• bank_of_slate
    bank_of_slate Posts: 12,922 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good for you!!!!!
    If you're getting charged for being overdrawn then paying some off it would make sense.
    I'm doing a car boot sale tomorrow with a load of stuff, wish me luck!
    ...Linda xx
    It's easy to give in to that negative voice that chants "cant do it" BUT we lift each other up.
    We dont count all the runners ahead of us & feel intimidated.
    Instead we look back proudly at our journey, our personal struggle & determination & remember that there are those that never even attempt to reach the starting line.
  • donner_kebab
    Options
    Whoop whoop! HUGE well done to you matey :) That's fab news!
    And good luck to Bank of Slate at the Car Boot. Make sure you let us know how it went...I have been thinking about doing one soon, I would have no idea what to charge though!
    :j 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' - DFW Nerd member 866 :j
  • TangledMemories_2
    Options
    I need to go to a car boot...might be easier to just open my front door though!!

RBS are charging me £10 a month interest for the OD...but seeing as the house is being handed back to the mortgage company...we could do with some money to help us get started in the new house.... :S

Decisions...decisions....

• bathgatebuyer
    Options
    Hey well done!!! I have thought about plundering the contents of my loft and ebaying / car booting / gumtreeing...........you may have just spurred me on to get the ladders out!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • BAILIFFCHASER
    Options
    I may be able to better that. I was involved in a shunt. No obvious damage apart from a small rattle. Waiting for third parties insurance to make an offer. bearing in mind only bought the car 3 months ago for £700 valuation says £3500 in immaculate condition but £3000 in good condition. Also i get to keep the car and will be able to sell it off on ebay as the insurance inspector says will not be registered so approx £6k in a few weeks time.
    ONLY COPY WHAT I AM DOING IF YOU ARE 100% SURE AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE END RESULT MAY BE. ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE. I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED . IF WHAT I AM DOING HELPS YOU IN ANY WAY CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON
  • JWF
    JWF Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    this thread has just spurred me on to advertising a few car related items on Gumtree, though Friday Ad site is playing up and I went round in circles for a while lol
    All I seem to hear is blah blah blah!
  • Merlot
    Merlot Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Whoop whoop! HUGE well done to you matey :) That's fab news!
    And good luck to Bank of Slate at the Car Boot. Make sure you let us know how it went...I have been thinking about doing one soon, I would have no idea what to charge though!

I've done a few carboots, and despite watching the carboot programme on the TV there is no way people will pay anything like the prices they quote on that programme, my tip is price the stuff as cheap as chips, if you sell 50 items at £1, its £50 in your pocket. I always price my stuff at £1 or less and I have always made in the excess of £60 - £190 at each carboot depending on weather.

The May bank holiday is a good time to do them, people have just been paid and the weather is slightly warmer than it is now.

Merlot.x.
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does, except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place." — Abigail Van Buren
  • TangledMemories_2
    Options
    Hey well done!!! I have thought about plundering the contents of my loft and ebaying / car booting / gumtreeing...........you may have just spurred me on to get the ladders out!

Just don't do my trick and nearly fall through the loft-hatch!
    I really wish my brain would work properly at the moment. I really need it right now.

• racer256
    racer256 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    Well Done!!! I would put it on the debt that charges the highest interest. That'll save you a packet.
    I am full of joy, abundance, wealth and love.
    I am a money magnet. Money comes easily and frequently.
    Canada excursion fund £1243/2500
    £10000 from £100 challenge £0/£10,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family