whatever can i do now ??? so worried

Options
well i dont know how many of you read my last thread about my IVA company being stupid but to sum it up, they have miscalculated the arrears i owe, they say its 966 but in reality its 494. ( i know arrears are bad but it couldnt be helped) i have now spoke to them for hours and sent 2 letters explaining their error. its not exactly difficult to see but they seem unable to grasp even simple things...................................................... well today i get another letter from them saying i am incorrect and that their figure is right and will not be changed. i am going out of my mind with worry now as if their figure is right the IVA will fail. is there anyone out there that can help me keep my sanity and if i list the payments due and payments made . my calculations and theirs help me to see that i am right....................................................... i thought i was coping with all this after the advice you nice people gave me last time but now i am back to square 1. i just cant cope
trying to lose 3 stone by end of 2014;)

Comments

• TangledMemories_2
    Options
    Firstly *huge hugs*

Secondly, have they provided you with a list of how they've calculated your arrears and can you provide them with a detailed account of how you reach the 494?

The only other thing is that you speak to CAB?
    ;)I am not a complete idiot - some parts are missing;)

• patchy987
    Options
    yes they have, which is where the one problem shows straight away, they have listed july twice therefore adding an extra payment that isnt due. i have written twice noe showing them their error and told them on the phone. the other difference is due to a payment they arent showing but i provided my bank statement to show exactly when it was paid. i spoke to CAB and they agreed with my figures and told me to write in which is what i did. ...... now i feel like im losing the battle along with the will to carry on anymore
  • Sally_Saver
    Options
    Hi just a quick note to ask if you've tried going to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)? It sounds like you'd have a good case!

You'll probably have to send them copies of the responses recieved from the IVA (but surely this will make the FOS see how unreasonable they are being!).

I am sure that the FOS take on the case on your behalf and they can normally get a suitable resolution for you.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Hope this helps you :)
  • locutus2003
    Options
    Patchy

I'm so sorry hun - things were looking a bit better before weren't they?

Anyway, why don't you list your payments and those made as you suggest and we can have a look? If you don't want to do that, you can always PM me and I'll take a look. Not certain I can help - but at least I can tell you if I get the same figures with the same facts!

Go on - post them up (if you can bear to - the advantage of being anon of course) - then lots of us can have a look and see if we can help (as I say, if not, then PM me and I'll have a look in any case).

Big big hugs. You'll get through this -we just need to find a way.

xx
  • locutus2003
    Options
    How are you Patchy? Hope the weather's good wherever you are - post those numbers up if you like and the good people here can have a look.

xx
  • patchy987
    Options
    i will post the figures on monday, thanks for this guys, we are going round to friends tonight and family up tomorrow, but id appreciate the help on monday :)
  • loneranger
    Options
    You say they have listed two payments for July -are your payments monthly or four weekly? If it's four weekly it is possible that two payments are due in July?
    Mutual Supporters club member (Nov 2006)

:EasterBun
  • patchy987
    Options
    no, all payments are due on the 1st of the month. ill copy their chart on monday so you can see what i mean
  • locutus2003
    Options
    I'll be here on Monday looking out for your post Patchy. It's my last week before I have to go back to work (I've been on maternity leave for 6months!) - but I'll still have lots of time next week to see what I can do before I head back and have to work again rather than post on here!

Take care - I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.

xxx
  • outrageous_monkey
    Options
    hiya Patchy!

Have a good time tonight and enjoy being with your family 2morrow. On Monday we will all put our heads together and try and get this mess sorted out for you.

Stay strong and stay angry!!!
    I also remember the words of my friends, but I would rather have enemies than friends like you :p

:p would like to make it known that ZubeZubes avvy is a DHN, she's not dancing :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure