Debt payment advice

Options
Hi,

I have a question which I need answering as it is starting to worry me a little. basically I have been in debt for a while now and a credit card I had with HSBC was passed onto Thames credit limited.

Now bare with me here..... To pay money towards this account the first time I used my internet bank (Nationwide). As many of you probably know you can pay off credit cards online through nationwide by following instructions, entering details such as the Credit card number.

Now this is how I paid the first payment towards the debt and I am worried now as to whether the money goes to Thames credit if you pay this way. If not where has my money gone as my first payment was quite large. I have emailed Thames credit as I'm not a big fan of speaking to these people by phone but no reply so far.

Any help would be appreciated and I apologize if this point is raised elsewhere.

Comments

• tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    Have you tried speaking to HSBC? I don't know, but I wonder if it might have gone to a HSBC suspense account.
  • Drewrare
    Options
    I haven't not spoken to HSBC about it. To be honest I never knew anything like a suspense account existed as I figured once they had passed the debt on they were no longer involved. I will try and contact HSBC about it but in the meantime any other advice is welcome.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you put the HSBC credit card number as the payee then the money will go to HSBC.
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    Drewrare wrote: »
    ... I figured once they had passed the debt on they were no longer involved ...

That's why I mentioned a suspense account - I gather that the banks have these accounts where they put money that they don't know what to do with until they can figure out where it should go. So if you tried to pay a frozen account, the money might have arrived at HSBC and gone into their suspense account and be waiting there until they get instructions on what to do with it. It's worth asking the question if nothing else.
  • Drewrare
    Options
    Thanks, I will contact HSBC to see what they say. I just hope my money hasn't gone into some void that I cant get it back from!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure