whats the best hair dye for men

Options
13»

Comments

• mamabear_2
    mamabear_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    If this a first time hair dying experience I would suggest you seek professional advice. I have had some very bad experiences and trust me if you do it at the weekend it is a huge problem trying to get it sorted before you go to work the next day.
    not only that a hairdresser will be able to adise you on what is the best shade to match with your own hair shade.

There are 2 questions i would like to ask though, 1) are you doing it for you? 2) how do you explain to everyone how your hair has changed colour over night?

I must admit with the others though a man who colours his hair is usually steriotyped like a man who wears a wig. Be proud of the natural highlights cos trust me I have paid a fortune over the years for them.

Whatever you decide will have to be right for you but think hard.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hartcjhart wrote: »
    just let it go grey,if you mess the dye up you will look a right twerp,

better to have a slightly shorter style that wont show the grey so much

yep be a man, accept it

no1 fixes everything :)
  • DaveMinty
    Options
    It amazes me how people still think dying hair for men is a bad thing and say old fashion,outdated stuff like "be a man" ,"accept it","natural"..
    first of a member asked which hair colour product is good,he didn't ask about your opinions on dying hair.:)
    socondly,liking or disliking grey hair is entirely a personal matter,while some of you may like it,many people,male or female do not like it.thats why there is a multi billion industry of hair dye product out there!okay?

there is nothing wrong about men drying their hair and not liking premature aging.
    I personally think greay hair on men under 35 is DISGUSTING.

and to answer the question :
    the best way is doing it professionally.but its expensive and time consuming.
    so the best option is DIY "mens" hair colours.
    JUST FOR MEN is excellent,but you need to choose the correct shade.if done correctly NO ONE can detect it.;)
    LOREAL Excel 5 is also great,easier to apply than Just For Men and can look better but last less.
    but I recommend trying them yourself as every individual is different one brand may work better for one or another.

it's 2010 not 1960! wake up people!:D
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DaveMinty wrote: »
    It amazes me how people still think dying hair for men is a bad thing and say old fashion,outdated stuff like "be a man" ,"accept it","natural"..
    first of a member asked which hair colour product is good,he didn't ask about your opinions on dying hair.:)
    socondly,liking or disliking grey hair is entirely a personal matter,while some of you may like it,many people,male or female do not like it.thats why there is a multi billion industry of hair dye product out there!okay?

there is nothing wrong about men drying their hair and not liking premature aging.
    I personally think greay hair on men under 35 is DISGUSTING.

and to answer the question :
    the best way is doing it professionally.but its expensive and time consuming.
    so the best option is DIY "mens" hair colours.
    JUST FOR MEN is excellent,but you need to choose the correct shade.if done correctly NO ONE can detect it.;)
    LOREAL Excel 5 is also great,easier to apply than Just For Men and can look better but last less.
    but I recommend trying them yourself as every individual is different one brand may work better for one or another.

it's 2010 not 1960! wake up people!:D

theres a billion dollar industry for hair dye because theres millions of vain idiots trying to be something there not

accept who you are, dont try and be something your not, dont buy into the hype by the media and cooperate PR machines on what you should be

you will be richer and happier :cool:
  • MattHK
    Options
    Clearly, grey can look great. There's a long list of male celebrities who pull of grey hair.

What I would say is that if you're living in the UK or Northern Europe and you're caucasian, then greyness mixed with a pasty complexion (which most white British guys have for about 9 months of the year) can be difficult to pull off.

Olive skin + Grey can equal Jose Mariniho
    Pasty skin + Grey can equal John Major

So I'm kind of siding with DaveMinty on this one.

One thing I would add is about George Clooney. I would be willing to bet a months wages that George Clooney dyes his hair grey. For sure he's a natural grey, but i reckon he manages his grey hair quite carefully so it doesn't appear flat of lifeless. Something to consider perhaps to avoid a pasty complexion and grey hair combination.

Personally, I've just turned 30 last week and have been going grey for about 6 years. I have mildly considered dying it, but ultimately - I can't be arsed :)
  • UnicornGirl86
    Options
    i swear by Jerome Russell for home colouring and stargazer if doing any bright colours (red/pink etc). both about £4 and better than the salon for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure