financial loss

Options
I contacted the ICE and the CSA have admitted maladministration and will be sending me a compensation payment. Yesterday on radio 4 they were talking about claiming interest on arrears accrued when an orgainsation has been acting with maladministration.
Has anyone done this with the csa - any advice ?

Comments

• Mr_Green_Genes
    Options
    It's the DWP's Guide to Financial Redress for Maladministration.

See the link I posted about one third of the way down the 'Useful Links' thread. I got a lot of money out of the useless ... people by using that.

By the way, don't let them persuade you that it doesn't apply. They may well try that one but, like so much of what they tell you, it isn't true.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya Gorgeous

Nice to see you back here :beer::beer:;):D

Phone you soon - things are happening here.

xxx
  • Mr_Green_Genes
    Options
    Sensemaya wrote: »
    Hiya Gorgeous

Nice to see you back here :beer::beer:;):D

Phone you soon - things are happening here.

xxx

Hi babes, funnily enough things are happening here too!

xxx
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.
  • Sensemaya
    Sensemaya Posts: 1,739 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi babes, funnily enough things are happening here too!

xxx

It must be that thing called synchronicity again!

Phone soon?

xxx
  • Debgunners
    Options
    rubi wrote: »
    I contacted the ICE and the CSA have admitted maladministration and will be sending me a compensation payment. Yesterday on radio 4 they were talking about claiming interest on arrears accrued when an orgainsation has been acting with maladministration.
    Has anyone done this with the csa - any advice ?

Hi, thought I would let everyone know. I started paying CSA back in 1996, the CSA messed up time and again. Two years ago they told me that I owed nothing. Then back in May 2007 I received a letter from them stating that I owed over £2,500. In the same post I received a letter from Eversheds (solicitors) acting as debt collectors for the CSA. I queried the amount and after insisting that I did not owe this amount, if anything at all, they re-looked at my account. I continued to be harassed by Evershed either by telephone or letter. Remember if debt collectors turn up at your door, DO NOT LET THEM IN if you don't open the door to them they have no right to enter your property. I eventually got my MP involved which incredibly was a great help. I was pushed from pillar to post starting with Belfast which I had always dealt with, to Plymouth, back to Belfast and then to Kirkaldy (in scotland). The only department that helped me was a chap from Hastings who could not be more helpful. The CSA eventually admitted that they had failed to credit £1300 of payments that I had made previously this reduced my debt considerably. Unfortunately I ended up having to pay the balance as my ex-husband refused to reply to their letters (well there's a surprise!). I just wanted people to know that if they get these letters (when I asked why it had taken them two years to contact me they said the Government had told them to put accounts on hold and they suddenly reinstate them) don't pay them straight away, don't be frightened by the letters from the Debt collectors, make sure you get names and record everytime you speak with someone. Definately get your MP involved, I was surprised how useful and helpful they were. Make them re-look at your account as from my experience they make mistake after mistake. Both my daughters are now 23 and both have children of their own. When one of them claimed benefits I suddenly got a letter from them basically asking me for money for her!

Hope this helps at least one person to get some money deducted from what they are supposed to owe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure