Glasgow with 60(roughly) teenagers!!!

Oscar
Oscar Posts: 922 Forumite
Help please. Our Rugby Club are going to run a small tour through to Glasgow on a weekend in April. The boys are going to be staying in a travel lodge and one of the mothers I was speaking to today has been tasked with finding them something to do and place for then to eat on the Sat afternoon. The Timecapsule was suggested but apparently that is a bit far. The Sceince Centre was also mentioned but the mothers son had turned his nose up saying thats for girls...we are Rugby players!! There are three teams made up of 1st,2nd and 3rd year boys..........any suggestions?
:j

Comments

• What about go-karting or bowling www.scotkart.co.uk although karting is a little out of the city
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Heaps to do, and plenty of places to eat, at Xscape Braehead
    http://www.xscape.co.uk/snow/braehead/

Never been brave enough to try the Skypark but it should be easy for strong rugby types ... :rolleyes:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • lynnexxxo
    lynnexxxo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    I'd agree the skypark would be great but I think they have a limit of 18 people per session - so they might not all get on. Its quite pricey too.

Do you have transport? What about paintballing? Think there is a centre just north of the city. Else theres a place in aberfoyle, about 30 minute drive called go ape http://www.goape.co.uk/ContentHome.aspx?Id=54

its an adventure course with long wire slide etc, prefect for teenage boys with too much energy.

Not sure they could take such a large group though, although they are really helpful and if you phone and they could not accomodate you they might have other suggestions (perhaps half the group do that half go mountain biking?)
  • Oscar
    Yes we have transport. Have looked at the Goape website and max group no is 28. Thanks anyway. I still think the science centre would be best. At least if the weather is bad and they have been out playing rugby they will be glad to be indoors. Have spoken to both mothers of the boys who screwed their nose up and neither have been! Asked my eldest (we have been twice)and he thinks its a good idea.
  • KD
    KD Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If Braehead is an option you can get a 30 min waterbus there from Glasgow. Worth having a few options on hand. Here's a link for info-:

http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/GG-ORG/PDFs/GGTI%20-%20Pride%20o%20the%20Clyde.pdf
    Often daunted, never defeated!
  • KD
    Very popular with our lot -: (10,13, 14, 17, 19yrs) Theme park with arcade games, also has bowling alley attached and Amazonia- tropical wildlife centre. There are lots of vouchers you can get to reduce the cost and they do group rates. You can get an Xpress buses from main Glasgow bus station (takes 15mins) or use own transport- free on-site parking. Even when it's wet - it's on!
  • Science centre is quite naff IMHO . When I was there most things were broken and the place is extremely filthy. Grabbed some lunch in the cafe and the sandwiches were mouldy.

Would def not recommend at the price. Think Xscape might be your best bet. Lots of different activities for the boys to do.
    Good manners cost nothing -
    Bad manners cost friends !
    Murphys No More Pies member #213
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Yep I would say Xscape too - if they are split into groups they could all try something different - crazy golf, bowling, soccer circus, high climb, sledging - plenty of places to eat too.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • Oscar
    KD wrote: »
    Very popular with our lot -: (10,13, 14, 17, 19yrs) Theme park with arcade games, also has bowling alley attached and Amazonia- tropical wildlife centre. There are lots of vouchers you can get to reduce the cost and they do group rates. You can get an Xpress buses from main Glasgow bus station (takes 15mins) or use own transport- free on-site parking. Even when it's wet - it's on!

For some reason it is closed the weekend we are coming through!
  • KD
    It's open every weekend in April - worth checking again -:

http://www.scotlandsthemepark.com/planyourvisit/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing