PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Has anyone got/used a Bifinett/Lidl breadmaker???

Options
Hi there,
I'd like to buy my niece a breadmaker for her birthday (18th Feb) but I have a budget of only about £20-25. I have found a Lidl breadmaker by Bifinett which I can afford but I haven't heard of that make before.:confused: I would really appreciate any comments/reviews of this machine.

I really don't want to buy her something that makes awful bread and puts her off cooking from scratch as she has only recently started cooking.

Many thanks in advance,
Tess
Tess x

Underground, overground, wombling free...
Old Style weight loss so far...2 stone and 7 pounds

Comments

• zombiecazz
    Options
    I'm sure if you search the board there are comments on that machine.

I have one and I'm very happy with it.
    "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." Mark Twain
  • otterspasm
    Options
    Thanks. I posted in a hurry last night and then had a bit of time later to search about and found some threads on the breadmaker. :o
    The comments seemed really mixed so I think I might get one and try it at home before I give it to my niece. If it seems ok I'll give it to her.

Thanks again.
    Tess
    Tess x

Underground, overground, wombling free...
    Old Style weight loss so far...2 stone and 7 pounds
  • niceguyrichy
    Options
    My latest fav recipe for my machine is.

Malted oat and bran loaf
    1.5 cups water
    1/3 cup dried milk
    1tbsp honey
    1tbsp malt extract
    1tbsp oil
    2tbsp flax seed
    pinch of salt
    1.5 cups oatmeal
    .5 cup bran meal
    3 cups bread flour
    ipkt yeast or heaped tsp yeast

bake on white 2lb loaf, medium

should ready soon and I'll post a pick.

This is ZC BTW. signed in on OHs account.
    "If you really want to hurt your parents and you don't have nerve enough to be homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts."
  • zombiecazz
    Options
    Pics as promised

2246005339_903440b553.jpg

2246005343_cb0bb94d4f.jpg

Doesn't that look nice.:j
    "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." Mark Twain
  • wizzkid_3
    wizzkid_3 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    I was looking for a replacement after my 2 year old Durabrand gave up on me. I bought the Biffinet on Monday and have had the best bread ever from a BM!

It is just like nice bakery bread. The instructions are properly translated now and the recipes are not odd like I have seen in the past (4 tsp salt, 4 tabsp sugar, 4 tabsp yeast type of thing!)

I have made the "classic" white and the whole grain bread using their recipe.

Tried using the timer last night and woke up to a brick, so not sure what went wrong there.........

The loaf is also loaf shaped rather than square, so the kids prefer it as it doesn't look 'homemade' for their packed lunches!
  • clarew
    clarew Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ok, can't afford the panasonic:( , but there is a lidl opening near me next week...promotional flyers show a bifinett Breadmaker at £12.99 instead of £24.00 on the opening day of the store. Bumpf reads as follows:

bakes 2.75lb/1.25kg loaves
    features include, 12 programme settings with 90 programme variations
    quick bake programme
    crust browning control
    includes recipe ideas
    3 year warrantly
    suitable for lidl bread mixes

-so what do you reckon, i know obvious panasonic is the number 1 one, but i who have never had a breadmaker wonders, should i buy or should i resist. is it worth a gamble for £13 or better to keep £13 in my pocket?

Would love to hear from anyone who has it already...
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
  • clarew
    clarew Posts: 501 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    anyone out there?!!
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    if you look on the second or third thread pages i think there is a thread going about the bifnett already
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure