Knee replacement but still having problems

Options
my partners dad has had a knee replacement. several months later he still cannot bend his knee, cannot walk on it properly and the doctor is saying that they do not want to re-operate at the moment. can anyone help with ideas?

Comments

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    BUPA Knee replacement factsheet.
    As this isn't in the normal range of post operative complications he can only be guided by his consultant. Though maybe if there is no or little improvement he may need to consider a second opinion to find out where this operation has gone wrong.

Just as well he didn't go abroad to have the work done, that would have make futher work far more complicated.
    My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
    Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs
  • margaretclare
    margaretclare Posts: 10,789 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

My husband had problems with the second of his knee replacements (first one was done at Stanmore, no problems at all). Second one caused trouble but no one would consider re-doing it until a year had passed - complete healing and return to normality takes a whole year. Stay in touch with the orthpaedic nurse practitioner at the hospital where it was done, and keep telling him/her what the symptoms are and the effect on return to normal life activities!

Aunty Margaret
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Æ[/FONT]r ic wisdom funde, [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]æ[/FONT]r wear[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]ð[/FONT] ic eald.
    Before I found wisdom, I became old.
  • building
    building Posts: 531 Forumite
    Options
    or did it heal completely?
    Hi

My husband had problems with the second of his knee replacements (first one was done at Stanmore, no problems at all). Second one caused trouble but no one would consider re-doing it until a year had passed - complete healing and return to normality takes a whole year. Stay in touch with the orthpaedic nurse practitioner at the hospital where it was done, and keep telling him/her what the symptoms are and the effect on return to normal life activities!

Aunty Margaret
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport