PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

can you freeze donuts

Options
have just noticed the get 12 free krispy kreme voucher on the voucher codes board, but not even i can eat all those donuts.
so do they freeze?
:hello: :j

Comments

• Gingernutmeg
    Options
    You could try it, but I think the sugary glaze on Krispy Kremes would go very runny when you thawed them out, and might make the doughnuts a bit damp. You could try freezing one and seeing what happens, if you did it the morning you got them then you could defrost it in the evening - if it works then you could stick the rest in the freezer :)
  • beerqueen
    Options
    Sorry don't know what krispy kremes are, but I've often frozen ordinary doughnuts - they don't freeze for a very long time but a couple of months were ok.
  • melie3
    melie3 Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    just eat them:eek: lol

edit didnt realise it was for 24 of them!!
    printed my voucher now, might have to find a friend to go halves with
  • rancid-a
    rancid-a Posts: 393 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can actually buy frozen donuts - cream filled from places like Iceland/Farmfoods. They weren't that nice though as I recall.

I love buying those donuts from vendors you sometimes see at markets - freshly made..hot, sweet & greasy...YUM :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 15  #78

Debt Free: July 2022.
  • dianasnan
    dianasnan Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure about krispy kremes but I have successfully frozen ordinary jam ones in the bag they are sold in for about a month. Great when they are reduced to 20p for 5.
  • Ephemera
    Ephemera Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Options
    Ordinary jam doughnuts can freeze, and I find defrosting them and warming them gently in the oven improves them a lot. Be careful though - hot jam can burn horribly! ...so only WARM them or let them cool a bit before eating...!
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure