Scratches on NEW specsavers glasses

Last Saturday (19th Jan) I picked up my new glasses from specsavers, which are supposed to have the tough coating thing with anti scratch. Now even though I wear my glasses all day every day, putting them in the case at night, one of the lenses has 3 faint scratches through it!

It's not visible to me when I'm wearing them, but you can see them when you hold them to the light.

I'm worried coz if they have scratched after wearing them a week, what is going to happen a year or so down the line?!

Do I have the right to complain to specsavers?! After all, it cost me extra for this anti scratch coating - which clearly hasn't worked.

Comments

• I'm worried coz if they have scratched after wearing them a week, what is going to happen a year or so down the line?!

Do I have the right to complain to specsavers?! After all, it cost me extra for this anti scratch coating - which clearly hasn't worked.[/quote]

You have paid for it so go down to the shop and ask if this is normal. It really shouldnt be! Ask them to explain how this could have happened and what they are going to do about it. (be bewildered and curious rather than aggressive) Don't put off the trip, get there asap.

Best of luck :D
  • thanks.

I've got a contact lense appointment there later on today so will ask then.
  • Last Saturday (19th Jan) I picked up my new glasses from specsavers, which are supposed to have the tough coating thing with anti scratch. Now even though I wear my glasses all day every day, putting them in the case at night, one of the lenses has 3 faint scratches through it!

It's not visible to me when I'm wearing them, but you can see them when you hold them to the light.

I'm worried coz if they have scratched after wearing them a week, what is going to happen a year or so down the line?!

Do I have the right to complain to specsavers?! After all, it cost me extra for this anti scratch coating - which clearly hasn't worked.

Hi
    I'm one of the guys that has to make the specs, we deal with anti-scratch lenses all the time and they really are quite resistant to scratching. If you've only had them a week or so, I'd take them back. When that happens with us is we replace them and send the lenses back to the manufacturer. I am sure Specsavers will do the same?
    Good luck.
  • ellerose
    ellerose Posts: 202 Forumite
    Same thing happened to me with Specsavers specs last month. I took them striaght back and they rteplaced them with no fuss.
    Debt at LBM July 2013: [STRIKE]£46,085.88[/STRIKE] :eek: Debt today: £36,501.67

20.8% down, 79.2% to go!

The quicker I'm debt free, the quicker I'll be Mrs. H! Date to beat: April 2018
  • jstyles
    jstyles Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ellerose wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me with Specsavers specs last month. I took them striaght back and they rteplaced them with no fuss.

And so they should ! (Unfit for purpose, etc etc).

Also - make sure they've actually put the coating on in the first place!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure