We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
xbox console
dorisisaway
Posts: 6 Forumite
Hi
I'm trying to get an xbox console for my nephew for Xmas (he's been on about it since last Xmas so we're having a big family club together). Price tends to be about £99.99 + p&p online with most stores. Are there any better deals? I've had a browse so I know about LXdirect with codes etc but they only do bundles and the games are too old for him. Also Boots with advantage card 2000 points offer but theyre out of stock. Any ideas? I and he will love you forever :-*
By the way, I checked out getting it at dixons with a code using Ryanaironline or flybyme for free p&p - but they don't seem to do free p&p for Dixons? (or any other store which doesnt already offer free delivery ??? I thought that was the point in using them? Am I missing something?)
I'm trying to get an xbox console for my nephew for Xmas (he's been on about it since last Xmas so we're having a big family club together). Price tends to be about £99.99 + p&p online with most stores. Are there any better deals? I've had a browse so I know about LXdirect with codes etc but they only do bundles and the games are too old for him. Also Boots with advantage card 2000 points offer but theyre out of stock. Any ideas? I and he will love you forever :-*
By the way, I checked out getting it at dixons with a code using Ryanaironline or flybyme for free p&p - but they don't seem to do free p&p for Dixons? (or any other store which doesnt already offer free delivery ??? I thought that was the point in using them? Am I missing something?)
0
Comments
-
Hi
Toys r Us have the console and 3 games for £99.99
If you don't like the games they will sometimes swap them for games you do like, assuming that they're in the same price range.
Worth a try?0 -
game.uk.com
do a bundle for 109 with 2 controllers and a game (you get too choose out of about 6 games)0 -
if you go into a GAME store
they will pricematch and let you choose your own bundle0 -
Go to
https://www.comet.co.uk
on the left hand side is a section called auctions click on that and have a look as there is an X Box up for clearance.
Hope this helps.
JHIf saving money is nice, sharing the knowledge is better :-)0 -
Cheers!

I never knew about the comet clearance site. The Xbox up for auction though sounds a bit knackered (scratches, dents, leads missing). For the sake of a tenner I think it would be better to get him something new. Nevertheless it's a good spot. I think I might try Game. Cheers! Consider yourselves loved :-*0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards