CSA query.............. again!

Options
I'd just like clarification on a point please................ if anyone can point me to the relevant regs that would be great!

When I contacted the CSA back in April I was told that the target time for contacting the NRP was a month - any later than that and the CSA themselves would be responsible for paying any monies owed from the date they were supposed to contact until the day they did - 8 months in my case. My ex has now been told that he would have to pay these arrears:mad: Which is correct?

In case it helps the case is on the new system and is progressing manually. Also they were given all contact details including address and mobile number back in April. Much as I want my ex to pay a fair share it seems wrong that he should have to pay 8 months arrears when he hadn't even been contacted! Any help appreciated, thanks.
~A mind is a terrible thing to waste on housework~

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The ex is held responsible if the CSA made contact initially but did not assess quickly - this is because the NRP is fully aware of the CSA's involvement and should therefore know that they have a potential liability. Under the new system, it is relatively simple to work out how much it should be.

However, if the CSA receive an application form from the PWC but do attempt to contact the NRP then they may be held responsible for the loss of maintenance. If he is querying this then he needs to establish the Effective Date and when they sent him the Maintenance Enquiry Form, or contacted him by other means.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure