A few questions.......

Options
We're in the process of filling in our forms this afternoon and I have a few questions:

1. (not related to the forms actually!) - I've just read that the OR monitors your bank account during your BR period to ensure that your I&E is what you stated on the forms. I didn't realise this and find it a bit concerning :eek: I often see people advised to 'up' certain figures, ie housekeeping/food costs and not disclose other things, ie sky/internet costs and 'hide' them amongst other outgoings......but surely if the OR does monitor bank accounts then he/she will see these payments going out via DD and also see that certain costs (food/housekeeping) are lower than was originally stated?

2. This one is 'form' related! Form 6.27 'Debtor's Bankruptcy Petition' - the first form, just 1 page and I'm totally confused! Obviously name, address, previous names and addresses are straightforward, but it's the bit from (f) onwards that's got us totally lost! It's this one in case anyone doesn't know what I'm waffling on about:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/form6-27.pdf

Many thanks,
Scarlett xx
You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    1. Not true. The OR does not routinely monitor accounts.

2. If you are downloading and filling in 6.27 (the two page petition) then.....

Most bankruptcy clerks will help you fill in the bits of 6.27 that you can't figure out on the day.

But for a simple case with no business involved.

Initial section:

Fill in name/address in part (a)

Any previous name in (b)

Any previous address debts incurred at in (c)

Put a line through (d) & (e)

In part 1:

Put a line through:

"[My centre of main interests has been][I have had an establishment] at"

and

"I carry on business as an insurance undertaking; a credit institution; investment undertaking providing services involving the holding of funds or securities for third parties; or a collective investment undertaking as referred to in Article 1.2 of the EC Regulation."

and

''My centre of main interests is not within a Member State''

In part 2:

Put a line through:

''[carried on business at]'' and fill in your residential address.

Put a line through:

''[(g) county court]. I am presenting my petition to this court, as it is the nearest full-time county court to (g) county court, for the following reasons:''

In part 3:

Nothing to do. icon_smile.gif

In part 4:

Put a line through the following parts:

''I was adjudged bankrupt on (j) in the (k) Court No. (l)''

''On (j) I (f) [made a composition] [entered into a scheme of arrangement] with my creditors.''

''On (j) I entered into a voluntary arrangement''

''On (j) an administration order was made against me in the (l) county court.''

In part 5:

Sign and date on the day in front of the clerk.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    We're in the process of filling in our forms this afternoon and I have a few questions:

1. (not related to the forms actually!) - I've just read that the OR monitors your bank account during your BR period to ensure that your I&E is what you stated on the forms. I didn't realise this and find it a bit concerning :eek: I often see people advised to 'up' certain figures, ie housekeeping/food costs and not disclose other things, ie sky/internet costs and 'hide' them amongst other outgoings......but surely if the OR does monitor bank accounts then he/she will see these payments going out via DD and also see that certain costs (food/housekeeping) are lower than was originally stated?

2. This one is 'form' related! Form 6.27 'Debtor's Bankruptcy Petition' - the first form, just 1 page and I'm totally confused! Obviously name, address, previous names and addresses are straightforward, but it's the bit from (f) onwards that's got us totally lost! It's this one in case anyone doesn't know what I'm waffling on about:

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/pdfs/forms/form6-27.pdf

Many thanks,
    Scarlett xx

Hi Scarlett,

I don't think the O.R has the resources to monitor all bankrupts bank accounts; possibly the ones they suspect of not fully co-operating. Generally, payments made by DD are going to be exactly the same as you put in your I&E Budget. If you do start to accrue a cash surplus, which is doubtful, then withdraw it and put it somewhere safe.

Ignore f 1. - it's business related. Complete f 2. but strike out the "carried on business at" and leave "resided at" then your address. g is the name of your local County Court closest to your place of residence at f 2. h onwards is straightforward and just about your debts, and whether you've ever had an arrangement with creditors; been bankrupt before etc etc.

Richard
  • Scarlett.1974
    Options
    Fermi and Richard - what would I do without you both? :D

Thank you so much and himself said thank you too :beer:
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • Scarlett.1974
    Options
    Another quick one, sorry :o

At this bit:

In part 2:

Put a line through:

''[carried on business at]'' and fill in your residential address.

We only moved into this house 2 weeks ago and it says "I have for the greater part of six month.....", so what should I put here? The new address, the old one, or both? With dates?

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • Richard_S
    Options
    Fermi and Richard - what would I do without you both? :D

Thank you so much and himself said thank you too :beer:
    What sort of party would I hold if I ever beat fermi to a post?:confused::D :beer: :beer:
  • Richard_S
    Options
    I think I would put both!!

Where's fermi? Has he fallen asleep?:D :D
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    We only moved into this house 2 weeks ago and it says "I have for the greater part of six month.....", so what should I put here? The new address, the old one, or both? With dates?

Officially the old one I think.

But I can't imagine it would do harm to put both as long as you qualify it with the dates.

The clerk will check 6.27 through anyway, and even if there was a critical mistake it would take 5 mins to fill in another whole form.

From what I can gather they see lots of people turn up on the day with none of 6.27 filled in since many don't have clue where to start.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Scarlett.1974
    Options
    Thanks Richard, that's exactly what we've done :)

You'll all be pleased to know <cough> that the forms have been put away for the day now, it's that time again; school kicking out time, bye-bye peace and quiet!

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • Scarlett.1974
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Officially the old one I think.

But I can't imagine it would do harm to put both as long as you qualify it with the dates.

The clerk will check 6.27 through anyway, and even if there was a critical mistake it would take 5 mins to fill in another whole form.

From what I can gather they see lots of people turn up on the day with none of 6.27 filled in since many don't have clue where to start.

Glad it's not just me then :rotfl: For just 2 sides of A4 paper it sure is one of the most confusing forms I've ever seen.

Thanks again Fermi :T

Proud to be BSC no. 103
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport