Cash in hand question - HELP!

Options
I decided in December to go BR after my mortgage increased from £600 to £1000. I had withdrawn £2000 from the bank to pay for 2 months mortgage and also pay for modest xmas presents and food, and other bills. When it was obvious I needed to go BR I didnt pay the mortgage and have out aside £500 for the fees - I spent some on second hand baby stuff as I am due in a few months - and have £340 left. Will the OR ask for this money? Im just worried incase he/she thinks I shouldnt have got baby stuff.
I am on incapacity benefit so have no income - hubby pays the bills and mine goes on petrol and food?
Court this wednesday - will probs post more questions later...lol

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    It's for living expenses, so not even worth listing as "cash in hand".

Buying baby stuff is fine as well. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    What exactly is the ?!
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • suziewin
    suziewin Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Fermi - I think as my day approaches I am starting to get paranoid as I dont want to look as if Im hiding anything!
    Plus pregnancy hormones arent helping!
  • fermi
    Options
    It's natural to worry and be a bit paranoid without the hormones. So with...... :eek:
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• Scarlett.1974
    Options
    Sorry to crash your thread suziewin, but I was about to ask a similar question myself and seeing that you've already started a thread...... hope you don't mind :o

Re the 'cash in hand' question on the form - we'll be clearing our bank accounts in the days leading up to BR (we're both with Nat West - say no more :rolleyes: ) so we WILL have some cash on the day of the BR (probably a few hundred) but this will obviously be for food shopping and bill payments etc.... that won't go out of the bank by DD, and to keep up going until our new bank accounts are up and running, so do we need to state this money on the form? And if so, will the court/OR ask for it on the day? :eek:
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • fermi
    Options
    we WILL have some cash on the day of the BR (probably a few hundred) but this will obviously be for food shopping and bill payments etc.... that won't go out of the bank by DD, and to keep up going until our new bank accounts are up and running, so do we need to state this money on the form?

No. That question is whether you have any unallocated funds in cash. Mostly applicable to a business. Cash you have in your pocket for living expenses is not entered there.
    And if so, will the court/OR ask for it on the day? :eek:

No. Not the courts job anyway.

• Scarlett.1974
    Options
    Thank you Fermi, you've put my mind at rest. So, we can safely put 'none' there then? :)
    You can't control everything in life....... your hair was put on your head to remind you of that :p

Proud to be BSC no. 103
  • fermi
    Options
    Thank you Fermi, you've put my mind at rest. So, we can safely put 'none' there then? :)

Yep.

That section is to list "assets". Cash that you have that is needed for living expenses is not an asset.

• Scarlett.1974
    Options
    fermi wrote: »
    Yep.

That section is to list "assets". Cash that you have that is needed for living expenses is not an asset.

You're a star, thank you :)

Proud to be BSC no. 103
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport