CAT scan

Options
What happens with the results? Do you have to wait for them to be posted to the GP, or do you find out straight away?

Thanks
Bulletproof

Comments

• JimArnold
    JimArnold Posts: 519 Forumite
    Options
    The pictures are done instantly but the interpretation can take a few days for the consultant radiologist to look at them.
    TANSTAAFL !
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I had my bone scan I was told that it would take two weeks for the results to be sent to the doctor making the referral.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow. The scan was done sometime in the last 2 hours, got the results already :)
    Bulletproof
  • elvis_bloggs
    elvis_bloggs Posts: 8,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    troo wrote:
    Wow. The scan was done sometime in the last 2 hours, got the results already :)
    Well !!!..... is it good news or bad.?? 1a_y_shock1.gif
  • tru
    Options
    Well !!!..... is it good news or bad.?? 1a_y_shock1.gif
    Not sure yet. My son was with his mate down the forest on their stunt bikes. Son did a jump, landed wrong and fell on his shoulder and the side of his head. When his mate's parents dropped him off, they told me what had happened so hubby took him to hospital. He had the scan, there's no blood clots or anything but they think there's a fracture, hubby is getting hold of mates parents to see if there's any little details they can remember about the fall. Just as well he had a helmet on.

cry.gif
    Bulletproof
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    troo wrote:
    Not sure yet. My son was with his mate down the forest on their stunt bikes. Son did a jump, landed wrong and fell on his shoulder and the side of his head. When his mate's parents dropped him off, they told me what had happened so hubby took him to hospital. He had the scan, there's no blood clots or anything but they think there's a fracture, hubby is getting hold of mates parents to see if there's any little details they can remember about the fall. Just as well he had a helmet on.

cry.gif

Ouch! Hope he's ok Troo xx
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • tru
    Options
    He's home :j

If there's a fracture, it's so small they can't do anything with it (it's a tiny, tiny mark on the scan pic so may not even be a fracture). He has slight bruising on his brain, and short-term memory loss, he keeps asking the same thing every few minutes :rolleyes: We've got to wake him up in the night to make sure he's ok and he's not allowed out til monday. And he still allowed to do his work experience next week.

Thanks all :T
    Bulletproof
  • Bossyboots
    Options
    troo wrote:
    He's home :j

If there's a fracture, it's so small they can't do anything with it (it's a tiny, tiny mark on the scan pic so may not even be a fracture). He has slight bruising on his brain, and short-term memory loss, he keeps asking the same thing every few minutes :rolleyes: We've got to wake him up in the night to make sure he's ok and he's not allowed out til monday. And he still allowed to do his work experience next week.

Thanks all :T

What a frightening experience for you all. Hope everything is okay.

In an emergency, as you have found out, the results are looked at straightaway. It is on "routine" scans that you have to wait for the results.
  • Bossyboots
    Options
    troo, hope you all had a good night and that everything is okay.
  • tru
    Options
    Yes everything's ok, his wrist is sore (he sprained it) and his shoulder and knee hurt a bit (grazes) but his head is fine apart from a slight headache. He's moaning that we won't let him out today :rolleyes: :D

Bulletproof
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport