Csa Tribunal

Options
My ex partner and i broke up 11 years ago.Due to be working full time and having to get into work for 5am, my mum has had my son living over at her house for 10 years.
In that time my ex-partner only paid a £5 for 2 years to the csa to my mum.That stopped in 2002 and since then nothing has been paid.
So since my son started middle school(he moves to high school in september) he has stopped over my mums during the week, mine on a saturday, and his other nans on a friday night.
So last june my mum started having payments of £5 a week from the csa until last december, when i started to put a claim in for maintence,As a new school new uniform.
My ex partner now is being very nasty, and has gone to appeal stating i am not the main carer for OUR SON and called me a complete waste of time!!!!
So do i tell the csa, that fine my son stops over at my house, but i have to get him up at 5am, drop him off my mums at 5.30am then go to work?
I pay for all his clothes, pocket money, EVERYTHING, while his dad doesnt want to pay £5 for his upkeep.
i asked for his help last august as the school uniform cost me over £150 and he told me to get lost!
So what do i have to bring to this oral tribunal, will it i have to shell out for lawyer?
I have just paid over £130 for a new bedframe for my son at my mums.
any help please:T

Comments

• kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you claim child benefit for your child? If it is your mum, then she has to make the claim. Your mum is the main carer in reality and that means that you cannot claim anything. Child Benefit is based on who the main carer is too.
  • ray_of_sunshine
    Options
    I claim child benefit.It just seems i am being penlised for working full time:confused:.My lad cant believe his dad is being like this.
    So do i drop the claim for maintence and my mum reputs a claim in?
    as in 2002 she had a letter stating she cant claim nothing as she is his grandmother?:confused:
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No that isn't true, but she needs to claim the child benefit too. Is it possible that you would give her this to enable her to claim. yOu can sort out whatever financial arrangements between yourselves. You need to sort out the correct claimants to benefits - from what you say, it should be your mum. She will get Guardian's Allowance rather than Child benefit (unless this has been scrapped and Child Benefit put in its place). Then she can claim child support - she can claim it from you too, but this is not essential. If she claims from your ex then she could give some back to you if you are actually funding the care of your child. It is all very complicated, but day to day care of the child is the key question here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure