We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
WiFi enabled-able PDA
elsavo
Posts: 21 Forumite
Does anyone know what is the best deal to get a 802.11 PDAs? I also need to be running Windows.
Thanks a lot
El Savo
Thanks a lot
El Savo
0
Comments
-
I chose the iPaq 4150 and am 110% happy with the choice. It has been around for maybe 6 months or so and HP are introducing new items all the time at the moment so you may find it at around 240. Has bluetooth as well and runs Windows Mobile 2003. Wireless and bluetooth are one click on and off and so very easy to use ... saves battery life too.
I would also budget 50 quid to get additional software, though works fine straight out the box and has what most people need.0 -
Thanks Condyc, Ebuyer used to have them at 209, where did you buy yours? Also what software did you buy?
I want to load skype and xlite type of applications.
ciao
El Savo0 -
I think you'll find that was 209 plus VAT ... current best price I can find is still around the 250 mark as this is a multi award winning and very popular model. Dixons seems cheapest for a straight online buy at 245.98. Enter pricerunner25 at checkout for that price, including delivery and VAT.
If you need a good diary then upgrade to Pocket Informant. Password Master is good for all your PIN numbers and other secure data. TomTom 3 is outstanding if you want a GPS/Navigation system ... and use free CheckPoint to add Points of Interest. WiFi Graph is free and can help detect Wi-Fi enabled areas. Gamebox Solitaire is good for passing time if you travel a lot like me.0 -
I have Wifi on my 5450 but am running PocketPC 2002. Is it worth upgrading to 2003?Filiss0
-
I would say so ... it seems to work well. But it depends if you're unhappy with 2002 and can see any worthwhile benefits in going that route. Also, make sure any apps you have are compatible .... you should be able to get upgrades if necessary.0
-
What are the main differences between 2002 and 2003? Is it more stable?Filiss0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards