Which Mortgage? FTB, £130,000

13»

Comments

• dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Just checked with their call centre because I'm thinking of it for myself (although not a 1st time buyer - too old!) and the cashback is available to FTB's. When I said it wasn't clear, they have said they will amend the wording. We will see!
  • river_kwai
    river_kwai Posts: 141 Forumite
    dwsjarcmcd wrote:
    Just checked with their call centre because I'm thinking of it for myself (although not a 1st time buyer - too old!) and the cashback is available to FTB's. When I said it wasn't clear, they have said they will amend the wording. We will see!

I think it has been stated clearly:

Fee Assistance - only for borrowers moving their mortgage to the Yorkshire: A choice of either:
    0.60% of the loan amount towards the cost of moving your mortgage to us.

OR

Free legal service and refunded standard valuation fee.

Are we even talking about the same product here. From what I can read, it's very clear that FTB is not entitled for the cashback.
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    river_kwai
    All I can suggest is that you call them yourself. They told me it is available to FTB's but understand why you would want to check.
  • It doesn't matter anyway as it's not a good offer????

Either go with Alliance and leicester direct if your an existing premier plus current account customer or with alliance and leicester through London and country if your not...

The Bank of England rate has remained at 4.75% so I think getting this mortgage sooner rather than later is a good idea as I think the lenders were expecting a fall and adjusted their rates early... They might adjust things!!!

Simon
    If at first you don't succeed... CHEAT...
  • Hobo_2
    Hobo_2 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Remember A&L charge an exit fee of £200+ if you leave them!
  • simonkirkland
    simonkirkland Posts: 397
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Hobo, I had actually missed that... It £295!!! cheeky b*st*rds

It still makes this mortgage reasonable although at a rough estimate west brom BS and Portman are cheaper (£100ish) but they have annual interest and not monthly like A+L so not as good...

I'll see what I can get out of A+L tomorrow... perhaps a fee waive???

thanks

Simon
  • I decided to go with A+L but nearly didn't as they made a big c*ck up... I arrange an appointment to discuss their mortgages, arrange some time of work and when I got there they weren't expecting me and the mortgage advisor wasn't there!!!! The manager used to do mortgages and tried to help but I knew more than he did...! he told me the mortage I was looking at was annual which made me feel like walking out as the internet said it was monthly... but he then made a few calls and told me it was monthly!!!!

After wasting an hour and a half and not finding anything out I didn't already know I went home and discussed my options with the very nice guy at London and Country. He was very helpful especially considering he knew I wasn't going to take a mortage through them as I had cheaper elsewhere... (cashback for being an A+L customer)... he told me the A+L deal was the best...

I then decided to see if I could get an apointment in Bangor for the saturday to actually apply for the mortgage... I phoned and found it fully booked but they said I could apply over the phone but they didn't think I could get the cashback but gave me the number to try..

I called and my opiniopns of A+L changed.. they were great.. yes I could still get the cashback (they have an option for premier plus customers on the system) and the lady on the phone was very switched on and the whole process was completed in 30 minutes...

I'm impressed so far...

Thanks for everyones help and opinions and for letting me bore you with my information...

Simon
  • river_kwai
    river_kwai Posts: 141 Forumite
    Simon, did you manage to get any fee waiver?

I went in A&L on Saturday as well and everything went well. To be honest, there's nothing much the advisor could help as I already knew what I was going to get. ALso, I knew details of the mortgage inside out.

By the way, what number did you ring to arrange for the mortgage on the phone? Can you give me that number?
    Mark Hughes' blue and white army
  • I couldn't get any fees waiver... but I tried!!!

I'll post the phone number later as I have it at home (I'm at work)...

It was an 0845 number so it cost me but in proportion to the amount I was borrowing I didn't mind paying... :-)

Simon
  • Sorry river_kwai, I forgot to post the phone number for alliance and leicester mortage direct:

It's 0845 3033000

Simon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure