Unofficial MSE Meet in Edinburgh 1/9/05

Options

Comments

• lucylou
    lucylou Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi everyone thank for your messages.Pink my grandmother is from near Armagh.Do you live near there?I really hope you all have a lovely time and see you soon keep me posted on how it goes.:beer:
    half scottish half italian :100%moneysaver
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well Mr and Mrs Opinion will be coming across (all being well) ... flights and hotel booked .. just got to convince the boos to give me the time off work (easy)

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • maggiesoup
    maggiesoup Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As I'm relatively new to all this, could you give me an idea of what's discussed?
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi maggiesoup. :)

Anything and everything really. We talk moneysaving (of course, lol).....Edinburghlass convinced me of the merits of swapping my phone provider at the last meet and I'm pleased to say she saved me a fortune.

We talk a little about ourselves and just generally get to know each other. It's nice to meet people and put faces to names. Some people you meet become friends afterwards and some don't, but it's all very friendly on the day.

It's a nice change from your usual circle of family and friends.

It's funny when you meet people, they seem different to the way you imagined them. I'm particularly bad for imagining ages and hair colour, lol. I've just found out what kind of age Ivan is for example, and let me tell you that's not how I imagined him. :D (Sorry Ivan .....:rotfl: ). I dread to think how people imagine me. :rolleyes:

Come along, there wil be several people coming by themselves who haven't met up before so you wont be alone.
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • IvanOpinion
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    It's funny when you meet people, they seem different to the way you imagined them. I'm particularly bad for imagining ages and hair colour, lol. I've just found out what kind of age Ivan is for example, and let me tell you that's not how I imagined him. :D (Sorry Ivan .....:rotfl: ). I dread to think how people imagine me. :rolleyes:
    So what age did you think I was ?

Just got my holiday signed off in work ... woo hoo

Maggiesoup, the other major point of discussion is who will pick up Ivans bar tab, the tradition has always been the newest member that turns up :D:D

Ivan
  • maggiesoup
    maggiesoup Posts: 766 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Picking up bar tabs? Help ma boab! Are you trying to put me off.....In true Morningside tradition I'll be espousing "you'll have had your tea"
  • toozie_2
    toozie_2 Posts: 3,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well Mr and Mrs Opinion will be coming across (all being well) ... flights and hotel booked .. just got to convince the boos to give me the time off work (easy)

Ivan

OK I would think Ivan is over 40, but probably he's actually under 40... am I anywhere near right! Or are you laughing your head off!!
    :j
  • bealzibub
    bealzibub Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    maggiesoup wrote:
    Picking up bar tabs? Help ma boab! Are you trying to put me off.....In true Morningside tradition I'll be espousing "you'll have had your tea"

Yeah, that'll be how Morningside folk have got money! :whistle:
  • IvanOpinion
    Options
    toozie wrote:
    OK I would think Ivan is over 40, but probably he's actually under 40... am I anywhere near right! Or are you laughing your head off!!
    OK we are bid 40, I have 40 .. any rise on 40 ...its easy to find out my age ... but what picture do you have in your head ?

Ivan
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ivan,

You're quite a bit younger than I originally thought you were.

You were married in the same week as I was, so I'm guessing that you are around the same age as me.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport