Feeling good.

Options
Well just wanted to say I am feeling Good:j I am managing my money for the first time in years I have never really previously "managed" my money I just let it roll on.

Sorted all my DD - into a seperate account. :T
Shopping - food money into another :T

Paying more than minimum off my Credit Card, balance now £874.27 .:T
Two more payments on my loan then its finished :T

I have money left over and not touched the overdraft again, its like a weight I I did not know I was carrying has gone.:D this has been the best move I have ever ever made. Taking control.
:j I recomend it to anyone who is floundering. My lightbulb moment was back in Sept 07 and bythis September I will owe no one anything. Apart from the mortgage and that is fast coming down.:A

So thank you everyone. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.:beer: Cheers.

Comments

• EverTheOptimist
    Options
    Well done you. :T

It's so good to hear stories like yours, who show it can be done. Helps to keep people like me motivated, i have a few years til i'm debt free, :eek but i'm sticking with it.

Good on you.

ETO
    x
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • kittynortheast
    Options
    Well done, Can't wait for the moment. Keep up the good work!
    LBM 17th April 2007:j
    Credit Cards paid - July 2008 [strike]Sainsys,M&S,[/strike][strike] HSBC[/strike]
    Grocery Challenge £350
    DEBT FREE AND STILL TRYING HARD
  • churchrat
    churchrat Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    :j well done you!!!!:beer:
    LBM-2003ish
    Owed £61k and £60ish mortgage
    2010 owe £00.00 and £20K mortgage:D
    2011 £9000 mortgage
  • poppett
    poppett Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just wanted to say well done....it must be a nice feeling and one I'm looking forward to experiancing :)
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Wow well done you! :T :beer:

Its great to hear from people who are doing well, gives us hope! :o

xxx
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • southern_chick
    Options
    well done, you've come a long way in a short time

SC XX
    slowly working towards being MF one small over payment at a time :T
  • kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    Good for you:T :T I have got a long way to go, but even clearing my 2k o/draft & some from the cards has made me feel more in control, so to be doing as well as you are must feel fab!!
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • Bluerover
    Options
    Thanks all amazing I did not fall deeper into trouble but have always worked reasonably well paid - but no "money sense"as such. But I have today had to check mini statement wise to make sure all waspaid and it was and I still have money.....I may just go and pass out.

But little things seem to have worked the most.
    Knowing what DD and bills I need to pay allocating money to one side for them. Not touching it.
    Shopping to a list not just what I think "that'll be nice" and spending a fortune, on things and food I do not need/want.
    Taking sarnies or soup to work for lunch and avoiding McD's - Sub Way's etc...
  • Squirrel29
    Options
    Well done, it is empowering isn't it? I just used to spend on my debit card without a care in the world and then be grateful if I could draw any money out the cashpoint!:eek:

I now know to the pound what is in my account, like you I transfer food shopping, petrol and spending money into a different account and let the bill account run itself.

It is so nice to not feel sick when you have to get a balance or a credit card statement arrives!
    Second and final LBM 01/01/11 Nearly got there but fell of wagon. HAVE to do it this time :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure