finally phoned cccs!!

Options
Hi and good morning everyone
Well I finally phoned cccs and got myself a debt remedy. I only have one problem now and that is that we can't start the dmp until the end of the month/early next month as hubby is newly self employed and doesn't yet have a commission statement so we can't prove our income. Also I'm a bit scared as his monthly income could vary so much depending on what orders he takes.
So it is a bit frustrating as I finally bit the bullet and called them but now I can't take the next step to sort out our debts once and for all!!

Anyone got any advice re variable income and dmp please? Any advice gratefully received
Keely

Comments

• stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    Hello , are your debts long standing ,and with DCA,s ? Have a look at what Consumer Credit Agreements are all about . There are some post that are dealing with them good luck !
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 547 Forumite
    Options
    sorry what is a dca?
    The debt came about from around October/ November 2005 when I was made disabled and had to stop working. According to our debt remedy we should be clear in just over 5 years. There was the choice of an administration order or dmp, dmp seems our best option. Most of the debt is non priority
    Keely
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    That is good news, a step closer to being debt free.

Do you have to prove your income with CCCS then?
  • keelyjrs
    Options
    I think it's just because we have to prove we can only pay a certain amount to them for the dmp
    Keely
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    oh okay I've never had to prove my income with Payplan. Good that some do as you could easily say 'I earn £1000' when it's more like £2000 if you get me.
  • keelyjrs
    Options
    lol yep, the problem is that we're never going to be able to say Kev earns such and such as it all depends on what orders he gets per month. So it could range from £800 one month to £2000 the next!!!!!! We ahve said £1000 at the mo as it is early days and slow starting but what happens when he brings more in? Do we declare it and pay off debt quicker and live to a really tight budget or can we have a little cheapy holiday... well deserved I might add lol
    Keely
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport