What will you spend, Tuesday 15th January?

Options
Good Morning All :)

I was looking for this thread but couldnt find it, so I hope you dont mind me starting todays off :)

Hope everyone is well on this wet miserable day :) I have already drank cups and cups of coffee to keep warm (and awake ;) )

I am hoping to have an NSD today - food i bought so shouldnt need to spend anything.

Have a good day and keep it low guys :)
March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%

Comments

• kizzykizzywizzy
    Options
    Hi everyone:hello:
    Another rainy day in La la land, Yuk!!
    I will be spending about £1 on a loaf of bread, went to morrisons yesterday 55p wholemeal, but all gone, so out of principle didn't buy any other bread, regretting it now because i've got to go out in the rain!!
    Good luck everyone:T
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sammiboo, and everyone :hello: :hello:

I'm pleased that 'the thread' has been started early as I have to 'brave' the weather and go out today - my wife says that veg is all half price in ALDI today, so it won't be a NSD. :mad: :mad:
    The good news though is that anything spent in ALDI will come out of our 'weekly shop' budget - EXCEPT the bar of chocolate that it will be obligatory for me to buy - if I leave ALDI without buying a 200 gramme bar of their milk chocolate at 52p, the manager will chase me into the car park, frogmarch me back to the shop and shake sufficient coinage out of my pockets to buy at least one bar of chocolate. :eek: :eek:

I hope Martin appreciates the sacrifices we have to make in pursuit of the DFW lifestyle. :rolleyes: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Sammiboo at al. :hello: Wasn't able to log on yesterday (otherwise preoccupied) but it was a NSD:j. Not sure about today, but will do my best to keep it low:rolleyes:. Hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday :)
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    ok, so mines not going to be low but just though I would post anyway so when I am in Mr T's I know I have to report back LOL

Hope you all have a great day.
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • liljem
    Options
    My 1st post!

Have been addicted to this site since the beginning of the month........
    Really trying to cut down my expenditure on groceries etc (I must confess I think I may be addicted!!!)

Any way only spent money yesterday on petrol (a must for getting to work).

Will unfortunately not have an NSD today as girls have friend each for tea so will be forced to shop for them as have spent the last couple of weeks emptying the cupboards and freezer (don't even have pasta now!)

So good luck to you all and any ideas for a cheap meal (inc pud) for 4 girls aged 6-8? Something they're almost guarenteed to eat..... would probably need to be hospitalised if I had throw out any food!!!!

x
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Should be a NSD for me too - can't think of anything I want or need! :j
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    Jelly and icecream is always a favourite pudding. (think the orange one is 16p in Tesco)

Main course - why not do a big pot of spag bols (you can freeze what ever is left over).

Oh and .....welcome!!
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • liljem
    Options
    Just sold my 3rd book on Greenmetropolis!!!!
  • liljem
    Options
    Great idea - all kids seem to like pasta! And even if the bol sauce is turned down (although I know my sprogs love it) plain pasta is a ready alternative!

One time though I thought pasta was a safe option and the little girl that came round had wheat allergy!!

Jelly and ice-cream - now I'm hungry!

Thanks

x
  • sammiboo
    sammiboo Posts: 1,110 Forumite
    Options
    liljem wrote: »
    So good luck to you all and any ideas for a cheap meal (inc pud) for 4 girls aged 6-8? Something they're almost guarenteed to eat..... would probably need to be hospitalised if I had throw out any food!!!!

x

If they like chicken the put some chicken thighs in a casserole dish, add some chopped tomatoes and chop up some carrots brocoli and stick in the oven for about an hour :)

Its simple but really nice

Or spag bol

Cheap pudding. Hot custard with chopped banna - keep them warm mmmm
    March 2006 £15,200+ in debt April £843.64 in debt - Debt Free date Sept 2009
    Egg Credit Card - £843.64 5.7%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport