Do all bank accounts have a set monthly amount you have to deposit

Options
Afternoon everyone

I apologise if this is in the wrong thread couldn't see one about bank accounts
I have a very bad credit rating and have a main bank account that all my wages go into and all my direct debits come out
For now thats absolutely fine i'm meeting my payments no worrys there

I am making money on the side through various ventures, ebay,slice the pie etc and i want to keep that money in a seperate bank account however the amount going in per month would probably be a regular amount of £100 a month
Are there any bank accounts that would allow me to deposit that small amount a month in there ?

Comments

• Broken_hearted
    Options
    I think they are all going that way but maybe a basic account would be best for you.
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    open a building society account !
  • misspixierocktastic
    Options
    thanks very much :-)
  • novagirl
    novagirl Posts: 1,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I have an online account where I keep all my ebay, etc money. It goes into my current account then I transfer it across
  • locutus2003
    Options
    Yes - I looked when I started matched betting.

I have a Lloyds Direct account that I set up over the internet which seems fine. Other than that, there are a few out there (Nationwide Flex Account I think).

Have a look at the Budget and Current Account board as there's lots of info on there.
  • tyllwyd
    tyllwyd Posts: 5,496 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you only looking at current accounts? Wouldn't a savings account be suitable?
  • misspixierocktastic
    Options
    I have one its an online one with cahoot i could use it but i cant take money out from the account what i need to do is move the money from my savings account to my bank account and i can do that online
    Although thinking about it i would be best sticking with that because i get inrest on it and wont be tempted to take out the money as much as i would be if it were available from a hole in the wall

Thanks everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport