CCJ letter from Northern Rock... what do I do???

Options
Hi. I received a letter from Northern Rock (my mortgage provider) on Friday to say that I had arrears on the loan part of my mortgage (mortgage of £56k and just over £10k loan) and that my file has been passed to solicitors for CCJ. They said that I had 14 days to pay the £10k outstanding. I cant pay that in that time so I rang them. I was told by the them that the likely situaiton was that it would be decided at Court that the loan would be transferred to the mortgage and that I would have to repay from there.

I lost my job in March of last year, and missed 4 payments of the mortgage went temping for a while but now have a perm job. I have tried to reason with them during this time but they were really unhelpful hence the situation i am now in. I have told them that from Feb I can start to pay £400 a month to start decreasng the arrears (i currently pay £303 a month mortgage) and they were happy with that and are putting something into writing to me to confirm this.

however the real problem is this CCj. will they transfer the debt or will it get messy? has anyone else been through similar and are Northern Rock right and the debt will just be transferred?

thanks for your help in advance!
Dealing with debt by selling property: Mortgage- £55k, Loan on top of mortgage (northern rock goddamnit!) £10,800, Alliance and Leicester loan- £1,800, Cahoot loan- £1,300, Aim to be house-less and debt free by December 2008! Wish me luck!

Comments

• mummytofour
    mummytofour Posts: 2,636 Forumite
    Options
    No idea but a bump for u.
    Debt free and plan on staying that way!!!!
  • piptom&AndyPandy
    Options
    I'm not sure but I think if you show effort to pay the court can decline a CCJ
    Looking for solutions and hoping for a miracle!
  • churchrat
    churchrat Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Options
    just bumping to wait for someone who knows what they are talking about to come along!
    LBM-2003ish
    Owed £61k and £60ish mortgage
    2010 owe £00.00 and £20K mortgage:D
    2011 £9000 mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business