2 debts left to pay.

Options
Luckily we got £385 back in bank charges and £246 back from bos that they nicked out of our account so this will pay the credit card of. Leaving 1 left at £520 and a catalogue of about £900.
My eldest leaves school this year, so will lose her tax credits then, so i really want to pay them by then.
I thought about the challenge of only buying food, underwear and uniforms to see if i can clear it by then.
Considering we owed about £30,000 in 2003 forget the exact figures now, we have done pretty well, but am getting sick of it now.
wages. 1200
tax credits/carers allowance £800
child benifit £170

Rent £376
ct and tv licence £90
electric £80
gas £40
water £16
petrol £60
insurance £45
car tax £20
hubby won't negotiate on following
sky £30
mobile contract £35
ntl £50ish
washing machine and cooker rental about £40 but they do pay repairs and we get a new one every year.
Housekeeping £400 but includes everything, including kids stuff.
Can't think of anything else.

Comments

• Pleasemakemerich
    Options
    Just a thought, I'm with VirginMedia (formerly NTL) and they provide my digital TV, broadband and telephone, I was paying £64 on average a month for this.
    I contacted their call centre to make sure I was getting the best deal.
    I am now on a faster broadband, XL tv service, free landline calls 24 hours a day and half price mobile calls, all for £39.50 a month. The only downside is that I have to agree to stay with them for 12 months, but at these prices, I don't mind.

If you don't ask, you don't get!
    £110,000 mortgage
    £15,000 loan
    £1,400 overdraft now £1,100
    As at December 2007
    £310 saved in January currently £210
  • splishsplash
    splishsplash Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    Just a thought - it seems like your outgoings are just about £50 short of being covered by wages only... if you could shave that off the £400 figure, you'd still have all your tax credits/carer allowance and your child benefit to throw at your debts. That's a total of £970 to work with. If my sums are right, then your £500 could be cleared in one month, and your catalogue should be history by end March!
    Well done, you're on the home stretch now, stick with it!
    I'm an adult and I can eat whatever I want whenever I want and I wish someone would take this power from me.
    -Mike Primavera
  • Need_To_Sort_It
    Options
    Hiya, I bet you are sick of it all now but just look at what you have achieved!!! How fantastic is that!
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say well done for paying off that much debt. Bet you are sick of it now, but just think, finishing line is in sight.

x
    Debt: just my mortgage :D
  • MoneyGypsy
    Options
    You're so close - well done and stick with it!!

:T :T :T :T
    :A :A :A :A
    DFW Nerd No.: 789 Ligthbulb moment: 23/09/07
    Challenge: No bank loans and CC gets cleared every month.
    Need to think about restarting the Grocery Challenges
    Sealed Pot Challenge: Put change in and give to charity when full.
  • lilmoi1985lm
    Options
    very inspiried by this thread. well done and enjoy being Debt fre for the rest of your life!!! xx :D
    Money's our first priority, it doesn't make sense to me -Simple Plan - Crazy
    Debt at lightbulb moment 13/12/07 £13820. Debt now 20/02/09 £11316:confused:
    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' DFW Nerd #665'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport