Payment Of CSA whilst on JSA Income Based?

Options
Hi,

Payment Of CSA whilst on JSA Income Based?

For 3 years I was on JSA. The first 6 months was Contribution based the remainder was Income based. During this period I had no disposable income and still had to try and make my own mortgage payments on the house that I keep to continue access with my daughter (I did fall behind on the payments).

My partner who I live with, lives 150 miles from my home. So we have had to make regular weekly trips to continue 2-3 nightly access visits. The CSA said I did not have to make payments whilst on JSA Income Based, but have since changed their minds and I am now in arrears on my CSA payments.

It would seem that all the clothes and money spent on my daughter in lieu of payments to my ex as support are not recognised. Nor is the fact each current visit costs £100.00 in travel each time.

Can the aforementioned points make a difference to CSA payments? ie:-

1) Does one still make full CSA payments whilst having no disposable income on JSA?
2) Does the number of overnight stays effect CSA payments?
3) Will the CSA take into account costs incurred for each visit?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Options
    Bit confused by your post, usually on JSA you pay £5 a week in maintenance costs. So are you saying you paid the exs mortgage, plus £250 monthly travelling costs plis bought your child clothes etc? Thats where im confused as the travelling costs alone amount to what you would get on JSA.

Think you need to make your post a little clearer.
  • enemes
    enemes Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Maverick

From what I understand from your post, I would say that none of those points come into the equation.

1) If you are on JSA, then you shouldn't be making full payments, I recall it is only £5/week, irrespective of disposable income or not.

2) If on JSA ... it is irrelevant the numberof nights you have contact.

3) No they shouldn't if on JSA.

Hope this helps.
    :wave:
  • marthax58
    Options
    If you're on JSA and have " shared care" over 52 nights per year, you should be exempt from the minimum deduction of £5 per week from your benefit.everything else in your circumstances would be disregarded as you are in receipt of benefit,
    Hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport