PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Electric yoghurt maker questions

Options

Comments

• ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It sounds more like you've got one of the old Bel Yoghurt Makers to me and I have one of these too.You need to put one tsp natural yoghurt in the bottom of each jar and its easier to use UHT milk so you dont have all the palaver of boiling it.I put 1pt UHT milk in a jug and whisk in 3tbsp dried milk and then divide the milk mixture between the Yoghurt Jars and if you have them put the lids on the jars.Then put the lid on the yoghurt maker,plug in and leave for 6hours.Then remove the jars and put them in the fridge to cool.What I usually do is use 5 of the jars and then use the other one to start another batch off

Lesleyxx
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Ravylesley, I've got one of these types & I always do the boiling/cooling method which is a real faff, going to try it your way! Only use the yogurt for my morning smoothie!

Thanks;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • redballoon_2
    Options
    Hi, yes i think it is one of the old style ones :) thanks for the tip about UHT i will go home and try it out later! I have got a tin of strawberries and some frozen blackberries that i picked last summer, will try those!
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've tried tinned strawberries but to be honest they arent that nice.A heaped spoonful of jam is far nicer.The best puree I have found is raspberries even the kids love this one but sieve the puree before use as the seeds can be a touch on the crunchy side:D

Lesleyxx
  • redballoon_2
    Options
    great idea about the jam, i wouldnt have thought about using that!
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • EmptyPurse
    EmptyPurse Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    I've just dug my old Lakeland yoghurt maker out of the back of the cupboard. Unfortunately the instructions aren't inside and I can't remember how to use it :o

Does anyone here have the same model? It's not the EasyYo model, it's one where you use live yoghurt and milk and plug it in overnight. If so, idiot-proof instructions would be hugely appreciated.....
  • frannybaby
    frannybaby Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have that model but I do have a similar one. This is what I do and its pretty much foolproof:

Heat milk until just before boiling. I turn it off just as the bubbles start appearing around the edges. Allow milk to sit and cool until its just lukewarm.

I put in one sugar cube (seems to help with the fermentation and I always get a lovely thick yogurt) and some natural yogurt. Whisk together to make sure the yogurt is distributed evenly.

Put it into the yogurt maker and come back later!
  • happy_gardener
    Options
    Hi All,

I was given a Kenwood yoghurt machine, but there are no instructions with it? I have put 'kenwood yoghurt machine' into the search, but with nothing coming back.....
    Please, please can you advise me in idiot-proof terms of what to do. I apreciate I have to use milk and a starter yoghurt, but what kind, what amounts etc etc. I would really appreciate it very much if you had a step by step way to use this. My kids are keen to make yoghurt and I also would love to make it.

Thanks...
    :beer:
  • happy_gardener
    Options
    I was given this kenwwod yoghurt machine, there the instructions are missing. please can anyone forward me a step by step, idiot-proof instructions as how to make yoghurt. It is a machine I plug in and it has 6 jars with lids. I realise you have to use milk and a plop of yoghury to get it started but as to how to do it exactly i am unsure.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    :beer:
  • cooking-mama
    Options
    sorry dont have any instructions,but is this link any good?,Currys seem to have a manual for £2.50
    http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/catalogue.pl?section=72714&path=72713&shop=kenwood
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure