🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is it possible to make...

Options
£720 EXTRA a month???

This is how much extra a month (roughly - not taking into account interest rates etc.) i would need to pay on my debts to get clear this year.

I dont need to clear them all this year, it would just be really good if i could (Christmas 2008 could then be a bit less stressful!).

I am currently selling everything I can on Ebay/Amazon. I am have started the daily clicks.

Just wondering what else there is i could try (no chance of overtime at work etc.).

Inspirational stories welcome!

Thanks
xxx
Debt: just my mortgage :D

Comments

• always_amazed
    Options
    Erm, any chance you could get an evening job at a bar or something???

And there's the Matched Betting thread for help on that too. :)
    LBM : August 2007
    my debts: less than this time last year....!
    DFW Nerd Club #706I'm Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • Little_Pickle
    Options
    hmmm...

how about competitions? You won't make that much a month, but whatever you win you can sell on eBay / Amazon???

Another job?

LP
    xox
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thats basically a full-time job (37.5 hours a week) on near basic pay. Its a lot to try and do if you work already! I know somethings will pay more (ebay item sold for £60 for example) but thats tought going.

Can you scrape your SOA down any more to the bear essentials - even for a few months to get you kick started?

Catt xx
  • **Amy**
    **Amy** Posts: 2,680 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys

Unfortunately a 2nd job isnt going to happen, mainly because the hours i do at the mo are quite long, and I have to travel an hour and half each way, so by the time i get home its around 8pm, and I have to leave at 7am in the morning...

Will have a look at the competitions.

xx
  • **Amy**
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    Thats basically a full-time job (37.5 hours a week) on near basic pay. Its a lot to try and do if you work already! I know somethings will pay more (ebay item sold for £60 for example) but thats tought going.

Can you scrape your SOA down any more to the bear essentials - even for a few months to get you kick started?

Catt xx

Hi

Yeah i thought it was a bit ambitious. SOA is down to basics already, so not more cutting back available.

I think if i took out the loan to my mum and just left the loan/credit card it would be easier to do (an extra £297 a month)...

Hmmmm... best getting selling everything I can I think!!

xxx
  • cloudnine_2
    Options
    Hi Amy. I'm selling from time to time on Ebay. But, I didn't know you could aslo sell on Amazon? Is it as easy as Ebay Amy? Thanks
  • Little_Pickle
    Options
    I find Amazon much better for CDs / DVDs / Books...
    eBay for anything else..
    LP
    xox
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    amazon is SO easy. I just got set up last night and have already sold 2 books. Fees seem a little high but you dont get charged them until you sell.
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
  • **Amy**
    Options
    cloudnine wrote: »
    Hi Amy. I'm selling from time to time on Ebay. But, I didn't know you could aslo sell on Amazon? Is it as easy as Ebay Amy? Thanks

Hiya

I only found out about Amazon through here! I started on Monday night, and have already sold 5 books (see my signature for total raised - after fees!).

Amazon's fees can be expensive tho (i was looking at selling a DVD box set and the fees would of been around £18 eeekkk!!), so i think ebay for that!

With Amazon you dont get charged anything unless your item sells which is good. Books and DVDs seem to be the best thing.

So easy to join.

HTH

xxx
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    I've looked at Amazon, my books (if i was to sell them) are like 1p on there lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport