Collection agency referring back to originator

Options
Moorcroft have refused my offer of £1 a month - well fancy that! They told me that the debt is going back to Eon (formerly Powergen)

What happens now, do I wait for them to contact me, the £1 left my account today so they wont have had it yet, will Moorcroft pass it on to Eon, I didnt realise this sort of thing would happen..

Comments

• stapeley
    stapeley Posts: 2,315 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure how the utilities work on debts , always thought they cut off your power ! I believe they don,t sell on debts, just use DCA to try and collect for them . So if they fail , it does go back to the OC. Credit card companies and loans companies do sell off unsecured debts .As these can be passed around it is aLways better to ask for the deed of assignment and the CC AGREEMENT . There are an increasing number of people finding out that the DCA are not complying with the CC ACT, and as such the debt becomes unenforceable.
  • Need_To_Sort_It
    Options
    Thanks, it is an old supplier debt, well I will just have to wait and see what happens eh? It does make me laugh the 2 lowest creditors have said no to £1 but Abbey owed 3 odd grand said OK, let us know when it gets better, bonkers init!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure