We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Self Managed DMP ongoing. CCA Requests Received.

Hi all,

I have been going through a self managed DMP thanks to the advice I gained here over a year ago. I have been paying token amounts to around 8 creditors which are mostly credit cards but also a loan. They all accepted this and I have been making payments on time.

Last month I wrote to them all with the standard CCA request letter as a precursor to making offers. I have now received a few replies and wondered how to proceed.

Lowel in regards to my Virgin Credit card:

They sent a letter just containing a copy of my last statement. I then received another leter with a single double sided sheet which I presume they are saying is my agreement. This starts with a heading showing their address and mine. My address however is my current one that I have lived at for just over a year and not the address I was at when I took out the card. It has a whole list of their rates and default charges but that's it. There are no terms and conditions or anything else.

Lowell in regards to a Vanquis CC:

They have sent a couple of pages which outline terms and conditions.There is no mention of my name or my address. Only at the end is there a part that says 'Signed by:' and my name typed in. it says the date in 2008 but then there is a signature that isn't mine and looks to be printed backwards. It just says for and on behalf of Vanquis Bank.

Moorcroft regarding Barclaycard:

They have sent transaction history and default notice and said they have requested a copy of the CCA and the account is on hold until it's been received.

I know they can send reconstituted CCA's and this would seem to be easy for them to do. Do any of the above comply with this?

Regards

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.