We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Payments to Resolvecall
Hi there,
I’ve been making small payments to Resolvecall for a while now and I contacted them the other day as I suddenly realised I had no idea what this payment was for (I’ve had so much debt for so many years I’ve lost track embarrassingly). They have responded to me with the below.
Can anyone offer any guidance as to what I should do please? Should I just continue to pay as I am doing and say nothing more? Any advice or guidance on this would be much appreciated as it’s all just words that my brain isn’t really processing!
Hello,
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your account. You raised a query via our online portal which states:
“Hello, Please provide a full statement of account showing the complete payment history from the original creditor to now..Please could you also clarify the original creditor and the date the account was opened and the date the default was registered.Thank you.”
We are in contact on behalf of our client Capquest Debt Recovery Limited, for an outstanding balance of £2860.00, originally for Shop Direct. This balance relates to a Mail Order account with Very which was opened on 17/03/2011 and defaulted on 10/04/2014. The last payment prior to us managing the account was made on 01/08/2017, for a sum of £56.00 by Bank Giro. The original account balance when we were first asked to manage the account on behalf of our client on 27/10/2023 was for £3665.65.So far to date, you have made payments totalling £805.65 towards the balance.You currently have a direct debit arrangement in place for £15.00 per month.Please be aware of the importance of maintaining the payment plan agreed. Should there be any changes to your financial circumstances, please contact us and we will be happy to review this with you. Failure to do so may result in collection activity recommencing such as calls, letters or e-mails.A county court judgement was also made in relation to this account on 30/01/2017 with case number *******. Regarding further information that you requested for all payments going back to the original creditor, we have had a look at your account and on review, we are unable to acquire the requested documentation from our client. Due to this, we would be happy to pass your account back to them ceasing our involvement in the matter. Otherwise, we would be happy to keep your current arrangement in place.Please confirm how you wish to proceed.
Comments
-
'Please pass the account back to your client. I will be making no further payment in this matter.'
The ccj is nearly 10 years old. It is unlikely any court would grant permission to enforce it.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards