We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Game Testing

ZeroG82
ZeroG82 Posts: 28 Forumite
Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
edited 6 October at 2:16PM in Boost your income

I may be blind but I couldn't see a post describing what was and what wasn't allowed to be posted here.

I've been doing game testing for approximately 25 years now in some form or another, although not in a professional capacity, just out of my own interests. I've been a member of my currently community for almost 4 years now and found it a great way to make a little extra money and get to test out unreleased games at the same time and being able to have some input into their development.

The company is called GameTester (who are owned by a much larger company called Lionbridge) and they cover the gaming side. The frequency of tests I would say are PC > Mobile > Console in roughly that order. If going the PC route is does help to have at least a mid-range PC although sometimes there are tests for lower spec machines and even just browser games. I've included my affiliate link below if you want to sign up but if you don't want to use that you can visit the main link (https://app.gametester.gg)

They also have a sister site called Aurora Studio that deals in non-game testing and projects such as translating (great if you know multiple languages) and AI training etc. (https://app.aurorastudio.com/). Both sites have a Discord server you can join if you just want to find out more information or you can ask me here and I'll do my best to answer.

The site uses a currency based system called GT Gold which is what you earn from each successful test which you can then cash out for real money using a company called XTRM. Depending on where you are located they have different options i.e. payment to bank account, gift cards etc.

Please Note: I am a helper in the Discord servers as I have been around as I say for almost 4 years now and have worked my way up to VIP, which essentially means consistently providing high quality feedback but I am not physically affiliated with the company i.e. I am not a paid or un-paid staff member. The helper role I do is voluntary and I get no other benefits from it other than I like to help people.

Disclaimer: This is an important one but a lot of people come in expecting games to just be sitting there ready to test but you fill out your profile with what hardware you have, what genres of games you are into etc. and when a developer submits a test you get matched against various criteria to see if you will get an invite to the test. This can mean it's a slow process to begin with but with every successful test you do you gain experience which can help you get further invites.

I know this is a long post but if you've made it this far and have any questions I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Comments

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.