We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Weekly Flylady Thread 5 October 2026

2»

Comments

  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 26,112 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 October at 11:22PM

    I have ironed all laundry, made autumn granola from my new cookbook, been to town and collected repaired clock, been to chiropodist, put in claim to health scheme, been to what I used to call posh mr L (there is aircon) for granola ingredients and veggies for veggiie chilli. made chilli, ate chilli, portioned up rest of chilli.

    not in that order

    hope Poppet and beloved and Ionafan all ok

    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

    Thank you Honey Bear
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,867 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited Today at 8:44AM

    Morning all, It is a sunny but cold start to the day here.

    My list for today

    • Get the kids to school
    • Feed the animals and walk the dog
    • Do paid stuff
    • Switch the DW on
    • Do required uni work
    • Make a payment on cc
    • Make a payment on car loan
    • Make a payment on catalogue debt
    • Update my signature
    • Laundry x 1 load
    • Spend an hour on organising planner
    • Take DD to the stables so she can feed her ponies
    • Feed the animals and walk the dog
    • Take DS to his drama group

    I think that is everything that I need to tackle today. I hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday.

    Total Debt (June 2026) £30,168 - Proposed debt-free date: August 2032

    July 2026 paid £3,119.85, new balance £27,048.15

    October 2026 paid £5054.65, new balance £21,993.50

  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 5,169 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Morning all xx

    It's raining here. I'm up, made my bed, taken my meds, turned over the calendars, completed the nyt puzzles, and I'm supping a brew.

    I've not posted as I've not flown! My hospital appointment next week was weighing on my mind. Not the actual appointment but getting to the hospital and parking there. Eugh, parking 😱. Anyhoo I've come up with a solution. And it's quite mse. 😇. I'm going on the bus. And a friend is coming with me. So it'll be an adventure. And she'll be able to attend the appointment with me. And breathe...

    I had my bloods done on Monday and they're still not right. Abnormal, that's me 🤪. So I have a telephone appointment on Saturday to discuss that. I assume they'll want to tweak my meds again.

    I will fly today. I promise.

    To Do Today List

    • WUDUPA
    • Feed the birds
    • Put out the recycling
    • Change Sassy's seed and water
    • Clean out Sassy

    That'll do for starters. Then I can build on that.

    Healing vibes to all the poorlies. And much love to all.

    Rxx

    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Morning everyone 👋🏼

    A few early jobs done.. recycling out and kitchen given a quick s/s.

    Off to dentist with Hubster shortly.. will be a while!

    Hope to clear out the garage later but will dip into the lists as n when I can 🤞🏼

    "There's a little witch in all of us"🔮🪬🧿
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    Mrs SD’s Decluttering 2025 ⭐️ 🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇

    Mrs SD’s Decluttering 2026 ⭐️⭐️ 🥇🥇 (⭐️🥇🥇 for DH & DS1&2)

    💗🐾💗
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 3,450 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Morning all,

    Hugs to Jazee and GWS vibes to Iona. But thank you to Iona as well - I had been putting my aching left arm down to an extreme bout of exercise (highly unlikely). Today it dawned on me that it was due to Friday's flu jab 🤦‍♀️.
    Yesterday was outside flying at the allotment and also cleaning the gh up a bit. Today I have had to get back to indoor flying, not least because it is finally raining here. Bathroom and bedroom both cleaned, landing vacuumed. I need to finalise the Mr M order for tomorrow next. I have been using HB’s list of 3 idea for the past week as I find that keeps me focussed and less prone to overwhelm.
    Kettle has just boiled if amyone wants to join me for a coffee? Has anyone heard from Narc0 lately or maybe I have just missed her post - my thread kept refusing to update earlier.

  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 9,725 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Morning all. Thanks for all your good wishes for Poppet. Her surgery lasted two hours yesterday. Fingers crossed we may be able to bring her home later today.

    Flying wise, finding it hard to focus so diddly squat has been done really apart from basics.

    Spend less now, work less later.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.