We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.O/S Daily Sunday October 4 2026
Morning all.
Comments
-
Morning again, it's a bright start with a lovely pink and blue sky.
Sorry to see that dd has had a setback TA, hope she soon feels better.
Good to see you Mehefin, you sound really busy!
Hope ddog is all right Allie, 6 teeth out at once! ,
Did you enjoy your Indian meal Gers, must admit Indian is not my first choice, I have stomach problems and the food is often too ''hot' for me. I know you can use cream or yogurt to mellow it, and that does work.
Enjoy Alnwick Dp1, it's a great place.
Sorry if I've missed anyone, hope everyone has a good day. Take care folks.
11 -
Morning @ScarletRibbons Morning all
Well I don't have covid but just a horrible cough and feel a bit light headed so I won't be doing much for the next couple of days.
I was going to watch the F1 this morning as it's an 8am start but the rain is absolutely torrential in Bahrain so goodness knows when it will start now.
Hope your DD starts to feel better soon once the antibiotics start working @TravellingAbuela
No other plans today so I'll wish you all a good day x
10 -
Morning All
Thanks for the start Scarlet, glad you had a good few days away and the weather was on your side.
I was up and out early yesterday to do some shopping and strip allotment 1, the arch that held the beans and peas had collapsed as it was all rusty so that went in the bin too. Sorted some things in the garden and pulled up the sweetcorn from neighbour's garden that I had grown, not a great crop as the cobs are quite small but they will all be used. There was another bucket of potatoes so will share them at work tomorrow. Made some leek and potato soup with the rather small leeks I've grown but the flavour is good.
Yesterday's washing nearly dried outside, it's been put away now after airing overnight but it's showery this morning so will keep what I have for another day.
I'm going to Linlithgow Palace today with DD and family, we got some free tickets. Taking a picnic but it may be a bit wet so may have to eat it in the car!
Hope you enjoyed the fireworks and light show dp1.
Hoping your DD is on the mend TA.
6 teeth out Allie? Poor dog.
Hope you feel better soon Chrisca, I had that rotten cough and cold that took weeks to go.
Have a peaceful Sunday, take care. XX
9 -
Good morning
Bright and sunny, if a tad chilly. Last night we gave in and lit the wood burner. It was a beautiful autumnal day but once the sun went down there was a chill in the air.
Yesterday was a day of football and F1 qualifying for DH. I pottered around and had a read of my kindle. Today I'm going to catch up with SCD, but will fast forward over the chatty bits. Dinner today will be pork chops with roasties and veg.
TA, sorry to hear your dd has a setback, wishing her well.
Chrisca, hope you feel better soon.
Have a good day all, take care.
10 -
Morning folks and thanks SCARLET for setting us off. It's a lovely start here now with blue sky and sunshine but, by heck, it felt pretty chilly early on.
Thanks for all the good wishes for DD. I shall be glad when she has been seen at the Breast Clinic on Tuesday, although she is starting to feel better for the a/b's. (YL the nurse generously gave DD one extra dressing!!!)
Youngest DGD is in the process of making up a birthday book for middle DGD for her 18th birthday. and she has been requesting photos from family members.to put in it. They have all sent her pics taken on their phones since the digital age kicked in, so I suggested to DGD we go through all my photo albums for older pics taken the old fashioned way. We spent most of yesterday afternoon going through them which brought some happy and sad memories for me and lots of long forgotten memories for her. It was a really lovely afternoon.
Not a lot planned for today so I think it will be a mostly slothful day watching stuff I have recorded over the last week. Lunch will be some sliced beef in gravy from the depths of the freezer, so just some veg to do next to go with it. I have stopped buying salad stuff now the weather is changing as it doesn't get eaten and ends up in the bin. It's comfort eating on the menu now.
Have a lovely day if you can with ((HUGS)) for the poorly and poorly dogs (AA that's a lot of teeth to lose in one go. Ouch) Take care all, be safe x
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"11 -
Morning all
I have the bedding in the wm and will hang it out shortly, it’s cooler here but sunny so might dry it off a bit.
I have just put a large gammon joint in the sc it’s for ham egg and chips for tomorrow and it’s easier to slice when cool so I will cook and cool it today ready for tomorrow, there will be some left for a carbonara and some sandwiches.
Dinner tonight will be soup and bread and butter I made the soup last week and froze it so an easy dinner, dd is working a late so will eat there.
TA sorry to hear your dd has an infection hopefully it will clear soon with the tablets xx
AA your poor puppa 😩 our dog had 7 teeth out a while ago and is like a different dog now, we think she had been in pain for a while before, hope he feels better soon xx
Camelot enjoy your day out xx
Have good days all and take care xx
8 -
morning everyone thanks for the start scarlet .its dull and chilly here we will light the log burner later .AA my little dog had a lot of teeth out not long after we got her she was a little rescue dog we had her in a fly ball team as she was so ball obsessed and she managed fine with her fangs to catch the ball she hasn’t many teeth left and keeps losing an odd one but she’s 14 now a little old lady . I have just managed to read back yesterday’s woes what a lot of coughs and colds we have hope everyone is feeling better . TA I hope your DD improves what a worry after what she has been through. DP1 little one will love Alnwick but so would I it will be lovely we went a couple of weeks ago when we were up in Northumberland for the week I got a shock at how many shops had closed down from when we were there the year before but I think it’s like every town centre it’s sad to see . My son and his wife called yesterday and we were talked into booking a theatre show in February I’m looking forward to it but guess who payed they are in charge of the tickets I get myself in a tizz with anything technical I wish I was more like you Gers unfortunately it just doesn’t sink in . I’ve got an hour of free energy so a small wash load will go in I got the bedding and towels all done yesterday while it was dry enough to hang them out I will cook a small beef joint and make a pan of stew for through the week . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
9 -
Good morning - thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons - the Indian meal was very tasty though not something I'm going to repeat. No reflection on the food, just on me.
Get better soon @Chrisca50, resting up is the best plan. Enjoy Linlithgow Palace @camelot1001, it's a lovely place. The rain is tipping down here and it's being driven by a hefty wind so no picnic for me. 😀
I'm resisting lighting the wood burner still @remmie, it's all set ready to go as I would have used it if the planned visitors had appeared, can't impose my rigours on others.
What a lovely and emotional process @TravellingAbuela - some memories need to be restored whilst others aren't necessary. Before my DM died we went through her 20+ albums, that was a marathon, and I scanned most of them. Even she didn't know who many of the people were. The most poignant were the photos of her older sister who died from meningitis before DM was born. I'm sure the album for your DGD will be greatly loved and admired, something to look back on and I'm also sure that your beloved Bob will be in many photos. Hugs to your DD for her clinic visit.
Mention of soup from @camelot1001 and @RedRuby1231 have got me thinking about it for later in the week.
My Saturday was quiet, I only went out to indulge myself in a decaff coffee from the lovely place. I CBA with SCD so recorded it and will, like @remmie, whizz through it. Today there's rubbish to take away later and TV to catch up on. I enjoyed the first episode of Winter, especially the wee twist at the end.
Take care everyone, maybe time to start the hunkering down process. Hugs to all.xx
10 -
Hi all
I think it's turned into a slow weekend. I've lost all my energy for anything much more than the basics at the moment. Also had my flu jab yesterday and was shattered (and a very aching arm).
Bdog has bounced right back after his teeth out. He's still on pain relief and soft food but seems fine 0 he has a check up on Tuesday.
Take care all
AA
9 -
Morning all, thanks for the start @ScarletRibbons.
@Chrisca50 - Glad to hear you haven't got Covid, hope the cough etc clears off soon.
@camelot1001 - Have a good day out at Linlithgow Palace, fingers crossed the rain holds off.
@TravellingAbuela - That's a lovely idea for a birthday book with photos. Our niece in Australia did a similar thing for her dad (my BiL) after his younger brother died and we were able to send her a couple of photographs that she didn't have.
The early morning started off with sunshine that's now turned hazy but overall it should be a dry and calm day. The nights are drawing in a little earlier each day and it's definitely feeling chilly at either end of the day; today's top daytime temperature could reach 16 deg. What a contrast yesterday was - it felt more like a spring day.
I enjoyed my walk out when I returned a book to the Little Free Library and came home with two more for the reading pile. I'm an incorrigible bookworm! 😁 Soft plastics dropped off at the Co-op when I bought my TV guide and I also picked up a microwave pouch of rice for the store cupboard (long dated with a too good to miss price of 50p) and an almost half price head of broccoli from the clearance section.
Today I'll be unpicking the pleat header tape from one pair of curtains ready for replacing it with eyelet tape and catching up with TV. Last night I went through my TV list and deleted a lot of programmes that I'd watched but have some to add on, one of which will be Winter (as mentioned by @Gers) - I might give that a go tonight, hopefully without rogue fireworks going off. 🙄 Today's dinner is pork & apple casserole, mash and the aforementioned broccoli.
Have a peaceful and relaxing Sunday, take care all. xx
Be kind to others and to yourself too.7
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

