We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
John Lewis Gift Cards
What is the latest feed back from John Lewis regarding expired Gift Cards, I have 3 cards totalling over £3000.00 which have expired for a very good reason, I was notified today when contacting the helpline that they have been timed out due to the 2 year rule.Has any body gone further to try and recoup their outstanding balances. The cards are 8 month out of date.
Comments
-
Google suggests you may be out of luck unfortunately.
However for anyone else finding this comment, their FAQ says …
"Making a purchase or a balance enquiry refreshes the 24-month expiry period."
The latter option sounds like the best solution if you are unable to spend your card.
0 -
Unless I'm missing something, this is always the problem with gift cards - they do have an expiry date, if you don't use them before that date then you've basically lost the money. You could always try contacting them to see if they'll offer a partial re-instatement as a goodwill gesture, but they're under no obligation to do so.
Apologies if there's some back-story that I'm unaware of.
0 -
I have been saying for years that it is extremely unfair that they can take your money and then say it has 'expired'. They have the money, and had the interest on it. It shouldn't be able to expire. I wish Martin would take this up as a campaign.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards