We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Private Pension Contribution and Living Wage?

2»

Comments

  • 6022tivo
    6022tivo Posts: 825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    It varies week by week to be honest.
    One of them maybe another has auto enrolled me into a scheme as I did earn about £900 PCM for 3 months with them.


    I'm basically in early retirement, well before the retirement age. I think the scheme was NOW:Pensions. Looks a little trash.

    Main previous "proper job" pension is with a well known.

    It's just a way of maximising any extra from employees before I hit 57 when I can maybe access some if needed.
    I was happy to put all my wages in from this small £2k annual job, but their 7% contribution is 7% regardless of my opted min of 4% or 100%, both of which I can't actually do as it takes me below the living wage which they won't allow (apparently, so why offer..) .

    I've just tried to keep it simple by opting for 4% to get their extra 7% and will see what happens..

    But thanks for all the replies.

    It's all a little odd…
    The other jobs haven't mentioned pensions at all apart from that autoenrollment because of three well paid months, which I believe (after reading on here) is a legal requirement.

  • 6022tivo
    6022tivo Posts: 825 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Sorry, I missed a couple of replies..


    They are using workday for onboarding and the offers to me are probably the same for everyone (inc full time well paid staff).
    I've opted for the 4% contribution to get 7%.
    I'm not too bothered as I'm ok for my private pension I think, but was just curious to see if I could SS it to save on NI and potential tax.

    Provider is

    Pension (NET) - Royal
    London Casual Workers

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.