We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Additional Borrowing
Hello.
Do Barclays lend for new windows and doors, as additional borrowing on a mortgage?
Comments
-
1
-
Thanks, poseidon1, but I can't see your post.
I can see my post, inside a rectangle, with 'View Post >' in the bottom right of it. But when I click on View Post I just get the same again.0 -
I think it is just the link that was relevant.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1 -
Ah, thanks.
0 -
Thanks, poseidon1, for the link, and sorry for the confusion.
I had already looked on that site, but it's not clear which home improvements qualify.
A neighbour was telling me they were looking to borrow for flooring but that didn't qualify.0 -
The link seems to suggest that improvements that increase energy efficiency would qualify. So getting double or triple glazed windows should count, as might getting better quality, better insulated doors.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board: https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php
Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.” Nellie McClung
⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅1 -
Yes I did not think any comment was needed from me, Barclays own link seemed pretty self explanatory.
2 -
Thanks, Brie. There are two improvements in particular that they seem to push, even giving cash rewards for; heat pump systems, and solar panels. I still don't know if doors and windows qualify though. I know it's not only green improvements that qualify, you can obviously borrow for things like a new kitchen or bathroom. I've made an appt. to speak to them, but it would be good to get a heads up on this, so if anyone does know, their advice would be appreciated.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
