We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Entered and Skipped boxes last night

pate-ci0
pate-ci0 Posts: 3,689 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
edited 23 September at 12:47AM in Compers chat corner

I've added this to Have Your Say on the Future… but thought an extra thread might attract more attention (cos I really would not like the below change!):

Did anyone see a change in format of the Standard comp pages sometime between 11pm and midnight last night? For a minute or two the pages changed to having the Entered and Skipped buttons on the left of the page under the End Date, as little rectangles with Entered and Skipped text? On the right were the Bookmark and Mute options still. I'm afraid to me it looked terrible, the ticked boxes were slightly Bold green compared to the unticked boxes and in that position were far less noticeable due to the surrounding text. I had to really concentrate to see which comps were Entered, which were Skipped and which I had not yet looked at, instead of just running my eye down the right hand side to see comps which had neither a bright green tick or bright red cross against them. PLEASE don't let this new format become the standard!

Edit: I do admit the LOOK of the Comp entry seemed slicker compared to the current chunky squares for Entered and Skipped, but the FUNCTIONALITY was massively impaired.

Comments

  • Didn't see it but agree the current boxes work well for me especially as I Comp on my phone.

  • LizB62
    LizB62 Posts: 5,449 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I've seen that too, just briefly and usually late at night.
    I agree, the colours are too muted to be useful compared to the current format

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competitions boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Best win ever: Trip to the Galapagos Islands in 2010
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 22,995 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 September at 2:58PM

    I've seen it several times around midnight , the first time it happened back in July I mentioned it over on Have your say on the future of Competitions Time. It seems we're seeing pages without styling.

    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.