We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Self managed DMP advice
hi all. Been on here a lot but just wanted to give an update/ advice needed
5 CCs. All defaulted but Tesco have not sent me anything in few years and not paying them anything. Not sure what even going on
the other 4 i pay small amounts to each month what I can afford
few are asking me to do a budget planner. I have told them I have done my own and agreed to increase little but they still insiting. Do I ignore?
few have given me good settlements but cant afford at moment
Starting to get me down again all this and worried I am doing something wrong etc
after 5 years can I go back to getting finance etc?
Comments
-
I think Tesco transferred their credit card accounts to Barclays, maybe 2 years ago. If your account fell through the gaps at that time, I'd just keep your head down. It goes statute barred at the six year point.
IIf you can show your budget without shooting yourself in the foot, to those that ask, it is good form to do so. Otherwise just carry on with the payments
The record drops off your credit file completely six years after it is defaulted or settled, whichever happens soonest
1 -
I noticed you asked about going back to getting finance. It's probably best to manage without even when you have access again. You will probably only be able to get high interest rates.
0 -
If they make too much fuss then sometimes it can be easier to give them a budget to shut them up. It doesn't have to be your real budget, you can just make something up that arrives at the figure you want to pay then.
Have you made CCA requests for the non Tesco cards? If they can't produce it then it's not enforceable and you can simply stop paying. I wouldn't make one for the Tesco card, ignore that completely for now.
2 -
what sort of settlements have they offered out of interest?
DFW info LBM: March 26
Total 03/26 69,481
"You put one foot in front of the other and one day you look back and see that you have climbed a mountain" Ready for the climb.💪
0 -
Good comment about cca requests on the non-tesco cards. That right is due to be removed next year so now is a good time to do them.
1 -
yes i need to type my Cca letters and send to be honest
only had cabot who offered settlement. Around 1200So 6 years even if not paid it all goes of my credit?
Thank for advice on Tesco
Thanks for all advice1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards