We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
How to declare pension contrib to HMRC?
Comments
-
Thank you for posting the link to the decision flow chart. It certainly explains some things which I wasn't aware of.
I was certainly loose with my language when I talked about a "large" contribution, which may have been unhelpful to the discussion.
I can see now that I'll probably be okay, because the amount which I contribute in total this tax year will be about the same as the last two tax years. The difference is that I'll have made my final contributions in October, next month, rather than the contributions having been spread through the tax year.
I had no idea that I was avoiding this kind of trouble when I started to ramp pension contributions up to limit levels a few years ago. That's a nice surprise.
Thus the old Gentleman ended his Harangue. The People heard it, and approved the Doctrine, and immediately practised the Contrary, just as if it had been a common Sermon; for the Vendue opened ...THE WAY TO WEALTH, Benjamin Franklin, 1758 AD3
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
