We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
What do I do if a prize is not received?
I entered an Instagram competition at the begining of August 2026 with a closing date of 6th August. I was notified that I had won on the 11th August 2026 which I claimed that day. I was told my prize would be dispatched within 28 days as per the terms and conditions.
- Prizes will be delivered within 28 working days of a valid prize claim being received.
The prize was a hamper of cleaning products and other goodies.
I was notified just over a week ago that they were still trying to obtain parts of the prize and I would be notified when this would happen. As far as I was aware everything I was going to win was featured in the original competition post photograph.
Here we are 39 days after the closing date and 34 days after I was informed and claimed my prize and still no prize or any idea if or when I might receive it.
Comments
-
Seems like the company are keeping you updated on their progress - have you asked them what alternatives there are if you're not willing to wait for them to source all the parts of the prize?
0 -
I haven't contacted them again since last week. I don't want to make a nuisance of myself.
I've been entering competitions for many, many years and have had a few competition providers not provide a prize in the past.
It's has previously been a lot of hassle to try and resolve it with negative results.
How much longer should I wait? Or should I just give up now and accept I am probably or possibly not going to receive my prize?
0 -
Note it says working days (which would exclude weekends and babk holiday) so in theory it is only 24 working days so the 28 working days would end this Friday.
If they are keeping you informed a simple polite follow up could be to adk whether they expect to be able to send it by the end of this week
0 -
Thank you for pointing that out. I will wait until the end of the month and hope it arrives by then.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards