We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.Old Style Daily 13 Sept 2026
Morning all
Thought I'd start as you're all having a lie in :-)
No plans here today apart from putting shopping delivery away, hanging out bedding and the dreaded footie match this afternoon
Hope you are all OK and have a great day xx
Comments
-
ha ha Chrisca
I just did the same one minute after you so have muted my thread.
It’s damp and mild and stuffy here - most unpleasant.
Had outdoor things planned but might have amend those - there’s always plenty of indoor jobs to do tooHope everyone has a good Sunday
AA
10 -
@AlwaysAllie I tried to do it as quickly as possible so that this wouldn't happen!! lol
11 -
Morning all
Raining here and meant to be for most of the day, OH has his work clothes in the wash so they will have to be dried indoors.
I’ve been up to mums this morning to make her tea and toast, she is really struggling to look after herself, we are going to phone the hospice tomorrow as she is under their care and see if they can do anything to help.
I’m going to do a roast today we have not had one for months so I’m really looking forward to it, I have a small bit of pork belly and a chicken so I will cook both and we can have the rest tomorrow.
Have good days all and take care xx
11 -
Morning All
Thank you Aa and Chrisca for the start (s).
Rugby sorry to hear DMum is unsettled. Hope the hospice have some good suggestions when you talk to them.
Had a lovely time with DF at Sandringham yesterday, I have never seen so many dogs all different breeds. I did buy one gift for another DF but some things were quiet pricey.
Today need to get a couple of bits as I'm back in London from tomorrow for another appointment with consultant for my friend. Also drop card off as tomorrow is DGD birthday.
YL hope your cold improves.
Raining here but may get some sun later, hope everyone has a good Sunday hugs to all who want them.
NRA xx
NewRoadAhead Debts Sep 2009 £35,000.00Debt Free November 2014, Mortgage free June 2022
#No16 2025 52 week envelope challenge-£1166/£137810 -
Thanks @Chrisca50 and @AlwaysAllie for starting this morning's thread. I'm never an early bird but it is quiet on here! Thanks @newroadahead, I'm feeling much better today.
Today's forecast says overcast but I think it might improve as the day goes on. It seems very calm out and, dare I say it, a bit milder too. We could even get up to the high teens or low twenties.
I'm going to go out for a walk soon; nowhere in particular, just a walk out for a change of scenery/fresh air/a bit of exercise. Other than that, it will be the usual Slothful Sunday unless the walk energises me enough to do something when I get back! 😁 The daily freezer foray has produced some lamb kebabs for today's dinner along with broccoli and mash. I'm making a SC rice pudding so that's afters sorted for the week too.
Have a good Sunday all, take care. x
Be kind to others and to yourself too.9 -
morning everyone it’s a lovely warm sunny day here I’ve got two hours of free energy so beds are stripped washer will do a couple of loads meat is in the oven and I will make a couple of shepherds pies for the freezer . I’ve had a lovely week away we had some lovely days and the days it rained we managed to dodge the showers but the wind was fierce at times but plenty of walking and far to much cake so back on it today I set myself a target of loosing a stone for Xmas . I will try to catch up on everyone’s news Ruby I’m sorry you’re mum is unsettled I hope you get a bit of peace of mind when you talk to them . Thinking of all the poorlies hugs to those that need them have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
9 -
Morning folks and thanks CHRISCA. Welcome back IZZY, I'm glad you had a lovely break.
I'm a latecomer today but it's not thanks to sleeping in unfortunately! DS was picking me up to go to Sainsbury's for browsing time, but first he had to meet another chap for a handover of some money for the cricket club funds. (DS is treasurer) and of course they got talking which delayed our shopping! Sainsbury's was fairly quiet and I got everything on my list, plus some ys bread items to shove in the freezer somewhere!.
I completely forgot to get anything out for my lunch so I'll settle for some soup and a sandwich and forage in the freezer next for something more substantial for my tea. I don't know what I fancy.
Have a nice what is left of the day folks, take care all, be safe xx
"If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"8 -
Afternoon all - thanks for the start @AlwaysAllie. I wasn't having a lie-in, just kept busy doing jobs.
Yesterday I had two ceramic mugs from the British Standard Colours site delivered. This morning the gorgeous sulphur yellow one cracked on first use, one crack is along the bottom and up one side. Coffee spilt out onto the worktop. I've emailed the company with photos so hope that a replacement is sent out.
Now I've got a few more tasks waiting to be dealt with. The sun has decided to make an appearance so I may go out to tidy up the rose bush which looks bedraggled.
Take care all - hugs all round.
9
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
